Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 06-25-2018, 10:21 PM

Default Query of Abdominal pressure model

Hello all,

I am investigating the effects of IAP on muscle forces recently. The IAP was removed based on the suggestion in the forum-setting the abdominal muscle strength to zero. The significance effects can be seen. However, the difference in oblique muscle force is slight (~17N) for the same posture when the IAP is deactivated and activated. I expected that all the oblique muscle force should be zero after deactivation of IAP.

I checked all the posts and presentation provided by Anybody, and knew that the Buckle is balanced by both Oblique and RA. My understanding is that the buckle model is still able to be activated if we only set abdominal muscle strength equal to zero. Therefore, the oblique is activated (this can make pushing muscle to push spine through disk joint between vertebra and transverse) due to its beneficial role of reducing total muscle activity (optimization function). Is this correct? In other words, the oblique muscle force cannot be zero if we only set abdominal pressure to zero due to the mechanism of IAP model in AnyBody?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Tao
Old 07-02-2018, 02:25 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi Tao,

Your are the oblique muscles will not be forced to be zero if the IAP has been deactivated, the oblique muscles can still tranfer forces through the buckle and contribute e.g. to do twist motions

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.