Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > Self-Supported Forum > Debug model

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 AM

Hey Pete,

The idea with the LocalCoordinatesAndSize file is to specify where on the human body the markers attach. So in this file, you should put the markers such that they are as close as possible to the locations where they were on the body in the experiment. If you start off doing that, then it might be that GaitApplication2 can solve the kinematics and then move the man close to the markers that you measured (and hence make the model replicate the experiment). In case it still fails, then you can move the man closer to the markers by changing the values in the Mannequin.any file - this is the initial guess on where the man is in space.

Since it can be difficult to put these markers accurately on the model, when GaitApplication2 is executed with the SCALE solver option, it will attempt to scale the segments and move the markers such that they follow the markers as well as possible over the whole trial. However, not all of these coordinates can be optimized and are therefore excluded from the optimization problem. If you look in the ModelGait.txt file that you save (or directly in the DataForConfigFile.any) then you will see some "on" and "off" settings for the markers. These specify if a given marker direction is optimized or not.

If you have put in new markers on your model, I would highly recommend that you try to understand what is optimized for the model and what is not as it is rather easy to pose an ill-posed optimization problem.

I hope this helps else write again.

Best regards
Michael Skipper Andersen
AnyBody Technology A/S
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM

HI

Thanks for the advice - I think I understand things a little better now. I have restarted the process of altering the initial condition of the human body in the mannequin.any file to fit the data. Hopefully, although with altering the segment lengths, this might solve the problem. I just have one quick futher question regarding aligning the markers. The inputted new markers locations are displayed as grey and inidicate the posture the human body should take - but, is it the red or blue markers which should be aligned to the greys ones when altering the posture?

Thanks again
Pete
Old 05-19-2009, 03:27 PM

Hey Pete,

The easiest way to see which markers have which color is to look in the files where their color is defined. If you open the MarkerPlacementModel.any then just above the include statement for MarkerTopology.any, there is an RGB object statement. This setting specifies that all markers attached to the model are red. Additionally, if you open the MarkerMover.any file then you will see a draw object for the floating markers. In there, it uses the default colour for an AnyRefNode, which is gray.

I hope that answered your question.

Best regards
Michael Skipper Andersen
AnyBody Technology A/S
Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the last reply. At the moment we are still struggling to get the application to work within our research. To overcome the Error(86) which happen before within GaitApplication2, I took your suggestion and realigned the human body to the location and posture of the markers, along with altering the segment lengths. The coordinates in the LocalMarkerCoordinateandSize file were then altered to match the markers, but unfortuanley the GaitApplication2 still failed with Error(0). As this does not work, I was starting to wonder if the gait data we are using is unsuitable. Will the GaitApplication complete successfully if the RASI marker is missing in the first frame, and there is a degree of marker jumping half way through the cycle.
To see if it is the market set that we have incorporated, I have additionally being trying to get GaitApplication2 to complete successfully using the file from the original GaitUniMiami model, but with little success. Should the original Mannequin and LocalMarkerCoordinateandSize files successfully execute in GaitApplication2? Or does the postioning need altering?
Many thanks for the help
Pete
Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 PM

Hey Pete,

It will certainly not work if a marker is missing in the first frame. However, if there are enough markers to drive the mechanism even though this marker is missing, then you can set its weight to zero in the corresponding weight file. Please have a look in the manual for GaitApplication2 for how to do that. Also, when a marker (or more) is missing later in the trial, you have to assign them weight zero there also.

However, as a test, I would recommend that you simply start your analysis a couple of frames later where the ASIS marker is visible again to see if this is issue.

If you still cannot figure it out, then please upload your model and I will have a look.

Best regards
Michael Skipper Andersen
AnyBody Technology A/S