Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 PM

Default C3D File Conversion

We are setting up a gait lab and I am trying to work some sample c3d files into anybody and play around with it in preparation for this. I have successfully used the c3d2any program and have my .any files, but when I use GaitUniMiami, following the instructions, right away I run into an error: ERROR(SCR.PRS9) : C:/D..s/j..r/M..s/D..s/A..0/A..0/A..n/E..s/G..i/MarkerTopology.any : 'Seg' : Unresolved object

I can't seem to get past this little error, any advice would be great. Thanks.

-John Connor
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
AnyBody Support

Hi John

Sorry about the problems

From your descriptions it is difficult to say exactly what goes wrong.

It looks like that the problem is related to the MarkerTopolgy.any file. This file creates the markers on the body model which should correspond to the markers you have in the recording. Usually when running a new file you need to check all the names on the markers and make sure the marker names and their associated segment corresponds to your recording.

The fifteen step procedure is not always easy, but we are working on making this process much easier, please see this page

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think I know what you mean, but I want to make sure. Do I need to change the names of the markers in MarkerTopology.any to match the corresponding names in the recording? Or the other way around?

-John
Old 08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
AnyBody Support

You need to make the changes in the MarkerTopology.any file so that the names used in this file corresponds to the names in used in the C3D file.

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Hi where can i find that program that can convert my c3d file to a file that anybody can use
Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadper View Post
Hi where can i find that program that can convert my c3d file to a file that anybody can use
http://forge.anyscript.org/gf/project/c3d2any/
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
AnyBody Support

AnyBody ver.4 can read in the C3D file directly using the object AnyInputC3D so you do not need the external conversion program anymore

It will create the entire data structure of the C3D file and it has a facility to automatically create a model of the markers plus filtering

Please more about its facilities in the reference manual

Best regards
Søren

Old 10-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Hi, thanks alot. I am using ver 3. Actually my initial file is not in c3d format. I change it directly using the provided program which just contain the marker with label. Recently I found out that Visual3D can do it as well and also input the segment. So must i save the file in c3d with the segment or with the label?

What information must be in the c3d file inorder to convert well?

*TS

Last edited by sadper; 10-13-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi Sadper

I guess it should be the labels ...

The c3d files needs to contain all the marker trajectories and if you want to run the inverse anlysis you will also need the forceplate data.

I am not sure this answers your question, if not please ask again

Best regards
Søren

Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Hi, I tried using the external program to convert the c3d file but it prompt me that it cannot copy the marker mover file. Why is this so?

*TS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c3d2amy error.JPG (25.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by sadper; 10-21-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Tags
c3d