Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 05:42 AM

Default ANYBODY force output

Hello Anybody forum members,

I have one last question(s). The output force from Anybody, it is a point force, right? Is there a way to make it into a uniformly distributed force? or does one have to simply sum the forces by themselves and apply them to a specific selection of nodes instead of directly importing the load step files into ANSYS?

Thanks,
Victor.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:09 PM

Hi Victor,

The final APDL script is adjustable - if you have some ideas, please modify the template and make it usable for yourself.

There is no out-of-the-box option for doing what you want. But it would depend very much what you are trying to do. If you want to combine all forces into one - you could it inside of AnyBody and export forces as a CSV file, which can be further read in ANSYS.

But if you want to group many different muscles into many different groups - it could be quite complex.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 12-13-2017, 08:38 AM

Hello Pavel,
Thank you for your explanation.
I would just like to apply the forces acting on, say the L4 and L5 vertebrae and analyze the stress distribution on the intervertebral disc between them. As you know, the AnyBody model lacks the Intervertebral discs. However, since I am using different L4, L5 and Intervertebral disc models in Ansys, I have not been able to effectively transfer these forces directly using the output files from AnyBody.
This is why I was checking if summing these forces by myself from AnyBody and applying them on the endplates would alter the results by much. I think this approach is covered in the first lesson in FE analysis with AnyBody.

How does one sum the forces in AnyBody into a CSV file?

Best regards,
Victor.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:31 PM

Hi Victor,

As I see it - i would create "central" nodes (that you could also use in FEA) on the endplates of adjacent vertebral bodies and recompute relevant joint reaction forces in these ref. frames on both sides. You could use AnyForceMomentMeasure2 class for doing that.

You can then apply these forces to, say, rigid surfaces of the endplates, if your task is to look at the discs.

I think it might be easier to construct a special output (AnyFileOutput) for you than go through the normal converter.

Kind regards,
P.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:52 AM

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for your prompt and accurate response as always.
I will try to implement this and consult the forum if I run into any problems.

Best Regards,
Victor.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Default Have you solved the question of the license

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorwambugu View Post
Hello AnyBody forum members,

I have just finished following on the ANSYS Interface lesson and i think I did everything as its suggested. However, when I ran the "convert to APDL" command,the command prompt says" No valid licence has been found, Press any key to exit". Could anyone know why this happened?

Regards,
Victor
Have you solved the question of the license
Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 AM

Default Have you solved it?

''I have just finished following on the ANSYS Interface lesson and i think I did everything as its suggested. However, when I ran the "convert to APDL" command,the command prompt says" No valid licence has been found, Press any key to exit". Could anyone know why this happened?''

Have you solved it?
Old 08-20-2018, 02:44 PM

Hi Annabelle,

This is a frequent question - you could try searching the forum for an answer or look at our Wiki page:
Solution

Kind regards,
Pavel