Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 10:59 AM

Default AnyBody-Ansys Interface

Hello AnyBody forum members,

I have just finished following on the ANSYS Interface lesson and i think I did everything as its suggested. However, when I ran the "convert to APDL" command,the command prompt says" No valid licence has been found, Press any key to exit". Could anyone know why this happened?

Regards,
Victor
Old 09-22-2017, 10:57 AM
AnyBody Support

Hi Victor,

It could be because the license file which needs to be named "license.lic" is possible not placed next to the converter exe file?

Please also see https://github.com/AnyBody/support/w...license-for-it

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 AM

Hello Soren,
I copied the licence as you advised.I think that took care of that. One final problem, the xml file. When I "run application" for the clavicle example, I get the error message that "The output data file does not exist and cannot be created." Is it a problem with the working directory or is there an xml template that one should use?

Best Regards,
Victor
Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi Victor,

I think this could because you need to create an "Output" folder if the model tries to save the file in such a folder.

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:58 AM

Hi Soren,

I created a folder titled "output" in the "model" folder and ran the application again but the problem still persists. I still get the error message that "The output data file does not exist and cannot be created." but the inverse dynamic analysis is still performed.

Best Regards,
Victor
Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 AM
AnyBody Support

Hi Victor,

Please try to locate the location in script which create the output file and click the FileName property in the modeltree then ensure that the path of the file do exist.

I could imagine that the folder "Output" should be in the main folder of the application and not as "output" in the "Model" folder.

Best regards
Søren

Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Hi Soren,
Thanks alot, that fixed it.
Best Regards,
Victor
Old 11-23-2017, 07:48 AM

Hello,
I imported the stl file of the L4 vertebrae from Anybody using local coordinates and used this geometry in Ansys.
I then read the boundary condition files in Ansys and I got some "spikes" coming out of the L4 vertebrae. I don't know if it's because of the APDL template because I only changed the db file name following the example in the tutorials for the clavicle.
I have attached an image of how the vertebrae looks like after reading the load files from AnyBody.
Could you know what is the cause of this? I also noticed some forced are not on the surface of the vertebrae as I expected.

Thanks,
Victor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (142.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-23-2017, 02:14 PM

Hi Victor,

Sometimes muscles attachments are defined closer to their line of action than surfaces or to the locations, where they attach to the soft tissues bands. This creates such representations. At the same time you could be seeing some of the via points that are not necessary on the surface, but follow the muscle action lines. For example, the intervertebral joint nodes, where the IV joint reaction forces are computed are also not on the surface. This is why you see "spikes", and in case of vertebra this is actually a good picture.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 11-24-2017, 03:43 AM

Hi, Pavel,

Thank you very much for that explanation. I understand. I thought perhaps I had done something wrong.

Best Regards,
Victor Maina.