Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > Professional Forum > AnyBody Exporter for SOLIDWORKS

Notices

Old 09-08-2016, 04:19 PM

Default Getting locked concentric mates to read in AnyBody

Hello everyone,

I am trying to lock concentric mates in SolidWorks and get them to read in AnyBody such that the angle is specified and doesn't read as a degree of freedom lacking a constraint. When I lock a rotation in SolidWorks, AnyBody doesn't read that lock. This means I have to go back and make a driver and approximate the angle in AnyBody which I had in SolidWorks. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 09-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Dear Brandon,

Unfortunatley, it does not seem that the current version of SolidWorks2AnyBody will consider the locking status of a concentric mate in a SolidWorks assembly.

And yes, you are right. The easiest way is to simply add a driver which will fix the degree of freedom.

Best regards,
Moonki

Moon Ki Jung, Ph.D, Application Engineer, AnyBody Technology A/S.

※ AnyScript™ Reference Manual is the bible.
※ AnyScript™ wiki page is the best supplementary information(http://wiki.anyscript.org).
※ When you would upload your models, please write information about your AMS and AMMR versions.
※ If you want to get more intensive support, please update your information(profile, organization and signature).