Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 07-10-2017, 04:47 PM

Default How does AnyKinFunComb1 work?

Hello Community,
In the AnyBody Webcast „Tour and overview of version 6.1” the new class AnyKinFunComb1 was introduced with an example where the human model dodges an obstacle. Since I’m doing kinematical movement predictions this class could help me a lot. My problem is that I don’t understand how to use this class. I don’t understand how this class can be used as sort of a “driver” to let my model dodge something, since it only applies a function to a measure. The demo/ example from the AnyScript Reference Manual also couldn’t enlighten me. If I delete the AnyKinFunComb1-class from the script the model does the same after computation with and without the class. So what is the impact of the class in this small demo? Is there another demo/ example or a more detailed explanation dealing with the AnyKinFunComb1 class so I might understand the way it works?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2017, 04:23 PM

Hi Alex,

This is Morten who will use my colleague's account to write this answer.

I understand why the class-example confuses you. It just shows how to construct the "AnyKinFunComb1" class. It does not show how to used it with a driver or a study.

AnyKinFunComb1 is not a driver itself. The purpose of AnyKinFunComb1 is to transform other measures.
Why is that useful? If you need to nonlinear behavior in your model you can pass a measure (e.g. something like AnyKinLinear or AnyKinRotational) through AnyKinFunComb1.
When you then add your new transformed measure to a driver you achieve a behavior which more complex than the original measure.
I don't have any good really simple examples to help you get started. At least not right know. However, I do have something a little more complicated which also uses AnyKinFunComb1
It is small class-template for adding limits to kinematic measures. It uses AnyKinFunComb1.

Regards,
Morten
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test_KinLimitsDriver.zip (3.1 KB, 1 views)

Moon Ki Jung, Ph.D, Application Engineer, AnyBody Technology A/S.

※ AnyScript™ Reference Manual is the bible.
※ AnyScript™ wiki page is the best supplementary information(http://wiki.anyscript.org).
※ When you would upload your models, please write information about your AMS and AMMR versions.
※ If you want to get more intensive support, please update your information(profile, organization and signature).

Tags
anykinfuncomb1