Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > General Forum > AnyBody Modeling System

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 11:44 AM

Could you also include the STL from the workshop? I do not have it to check the difference.

Pavel
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
But I don't understand what you said. What does the "same topology as the STL from the workshop" mean?
You mean the position of component?

Best Regards

Bokku Kang
Old 01-16-2018, 01:55 PM

No,

In the workshop you created an STL that has the same topology as an AnyBody STL tibia, meaning that the number of vertices, faces are the same for both, and these vertices are located anatomically in the same positions. This assumption was used to automatically extract landmarks from both files and construct a morphing transformation.

If your own STL differs topologically from these 2 - the morphing will not work.

And unfortunately from the STL that you sent me I cannot conclude anything - I would need the AnyBody STL that was provided during the course as well.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 01-17-2018, 04:07 AM

Thank you for your reply

Here I attached the STL file from the seminar.

According to your words, my own STL file must be matched the vertices and faces and also anatomical position. If I get my own STL file from MRI data, the vertices and faces of the source STL file and my own STL file cannot be matched even anatomical position. (Actually I matched vertices and faces of my own STL file with source STL file by Hypermesh software but I couldn't match vertices anatomically)

I am little confused.

My question is, How can I apply my own STL file with the code from the seminar? I just thought that it works well with any of STL file with any topology.

Here I attached the sourse and target STL file also from the seminar.

Thank you for your advice.

Best Regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tibia_target_L_ref.zip (1.61 MB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 PM

Dear Bokku,

What you did during the seminar (Materialise part) - you morphed a template mesh into the segmented bone using a 3D mapping tool. Once you do that - you can just replace the target STL with yours. I will check your input when I have time, but unfortunately I do not have Mimics Innovation Suite to help you solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Pavel