Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > Professional Forum > AnyBody Managed Model Repository

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM

Default Change Humerus Draw Settings in Human Model

Hi everyone,

my name is Kathrin and I'm currently using the trial license of Anybody to evaluate the software for future use.
Now I have a question: How can I change the draw settings of the humerus in the human model?
In the THA model I've already seen that the femur was excluded by turning the visibility off with reference to the draw-folder (Drw3) in the thigh segment folder and exchanged by a revised version of the femur.
Now I want to do the exactly same thing with the humerus. But unfortunately there is no such a draw-folder within the humerus segment folder. At least I can't find it.
In addition it's not possible to change anything (incl. the draw settings) directly in the segment-folder. Therefore I need to create a reference to the draw settings in order to change them.

I hope anybody can help me (funny double meaning )
Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM

Hi Kathrin,

Code:
Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.ShoulderArm.Seg.Humerus.DrwSurf.Visible = Off;
Should switch off the bone surface drawing. Generally, you can double-click the object in the Model View (takes you to the Model Tree), right click on the name in the MT, and "Copy full name". And then it is easy to construct this particular line.

Alternatively, double-click on
Code:
  #path BM_DRAWSETTINGS_FILE "Model/DrawSettings.any"
, when your model is loaded. And you can see a lot of opacity coefficients that can be changed for each segment. And in your case it would be RightHumerus.

And last comment - we normally ask our users to fill in the details about your institution and a full name since this is a professional forum. Best of luck with your trial and let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 11-15-2017, 02:47 PM

Thank you very much.

It wasn't the right path - I already tried that one - but the advice to double click on the segment in the model view led me to the right path.

Unfortunately I don't understand what you mean by your last comment. Am I in the wrong thread or do I have to edit my user profile?

Thanks a lot for your quick reply
Old 11-15-2017, 02:52 PM

I've edited my profile.
Thank you for the remark!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Kathrin,

Yes, it was the profile, sorry for the mysterious message Thanks a lot!
Good to hear you found the right path. Let me know if we could help somehow else.

Pavel
Old 02-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Hi,

it's not possible to change the opacity of the bones in the new AMMR version, is it? I tried it a few times, but the access for this operation was denied.

Since I'm writing anyway: Is it possible to download the stl-files of the bones anywhere? I would like to exchange the bone into a cutted version like in the THA-model. I need the stl-files to cut them in SolidWorks. In the AMMR I just found the anysurf3-files but no stl-files.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Kathrin
Old 02-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Kathrin,

I can set opacity no problem in my version. How do you try?

You can right click on the drawing object in the model view and use "Export Surface" classoperation in the local ref. frame, but please make sure it is not scaled by the anthropometric scaling law.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 02-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Hi Pavel,

I tried it like you taught me. I double-clicked the bone. The path to the draw-class was highlighted in the model-tree. Then I loacated it in the anyscript file and changed the opacity to 0.5, but the access for the seg.any-file was denied, when I reloaded the model. I can't change anything there.
But I'm able to change the visibility by inserting the path in the main file, since the visibility isn't set in the seg.any-file. But that's not possible with the opacity and other draw-settings that are defined in the seg.any-file.

The saving worked, when I figured out, that you ment the model-tree and not the model view

Thank you once again for your help
Old 02-05-2018, 04:13 PM

That's great.

It was intended that if you define this line:
Code:
#path BM_DRAWSETTINGS_FILE "Model/DrawSettings.any"
You could specify your settings in your local folder, without a need to modify the original repository. Right now the problem that you are facing relates to the installation folder of the AMMR, which is in the Program Files. Please copy this file and define a relevant path with the relevant settings.

Alternatively you could right click on the object in the Model TREE and change opacity through the classoperation "Set Value", but it will do it for the current session only.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old 02-05-2018, 04:31 PM

Ah yes, right.
Sorry I forgot about that.

Thank you!