Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > Professional Forum > Gallery of user models and videos

Notices

Old 02-21-2015, 04:23 PM

Default Modelling the Thorax - Kinematics

Dear all,
I am a new user of AnyBody and new to this forum, so I am not sure if what I'll ask should be posted in this section. I am currently reading for a Masters Degree via Research where I require the use of a Thorax Model on Anybody to simulate the movement of the chest for various physiological scenarios, and as a result obtain the loading patterns if possible.

I would like to ask, is there an existing model of the Thorax which I can use for the purpose of my project? If there is, is it possible to be guided to obtain this model?
I apologise again if my thread is inadequate for this forum, but as I have already stated, I am new to this community.

Thank you and looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
Nicholas Farrugia
University of Malta - M.Sc researcher
Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Hi Nicholas,

A thoracic model is very complicated because of the many internal joint connections. I know that a few groups around the world are working on models. Two early models were presented at the World Congress of Biomechanics in Boston last summer. I think the abstracts are still available online: http://wcb2014.com/.

There is also a current student project going on i Taiwan that I know of. However, even if you obtain any of theses early models, they should be used with caution. There are so many choices made in the process of creating such a model that ideally should be scrutinized and validated before we can be sure that they are correct.

John
Old 03-04-2015, 07:47 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation.

Regards,
Nicholas Farrugia
University of Malta - M.Sc researcher