Forums Anyscript.org  

Go Back   Forums Anyscript.org > Professional Forum > AnyGait

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 01:39 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi

Did you by accident outcommented this line in the environmemt.any file?

#define HumanModelPresent 1

That could explain it...

Few other ideas:

Did you modify the ForcePlateTypeAutoDetectionTRIAL.any except the renaming? it could be a syntax error in the class which will point you to the location of where the classs is used and not inside it.
also did you include the new file in top of main?

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Tahnks again for your quick reply.

In EnvironmentModel.any, "#defineHumanModelPresent1" was not present so I wrote it.
But then there is a different error, with 'Folder' : Unresolved object.
If you don't mind I would like to joint my model to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip anymocap-master-v2.zip (2.26 MB, 4 views)
Old 06-26-2017, 05:59 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi

I am sorry all the modifications i have suggest fits into the standard mocap model from AMMR not the new AnyMocap which i can see you have used as the basis, i am sorry for this understanding this is my fault.

The new AnyMocap model is more difficult to adjust in this respect since it automatically assign the type of plate e.g. type=4 from the C3D file, it is not something you can decide as a user. This fact makes it diffucult to make two different version of the same forceplate class.

So as i see it, you need either need to correct the data, or swicth to the older version of the mocap model.

Best regards
Søren

Subscribe to the forums, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum and get an email automatically.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:33 AM
AnyBody Support

Hi

We have managed to modify the class for the AnyMocap model so that the corner nodes can be changed from the "outside" meaning that the are optional variables to set.

So this means you need to do this:
  1. In the main file remove the include statement for the forceplate class you made
  2. Replace the forceplateautodetection file you have with the one attached.
  3. In the forceplate.any file make changes like this
    Code:
     ForcePlateAutoDetection Plate1(
        PLATE_NO=1,
        HeightTolerance = 0.07,
        VelThreshold = 2.2,
        FORCEPLATE_TYPE = 4
        )
      ={ };

ForcePlateAutoDetection Plate2(
        PLATE_NO=2,
        HeightTolerance = 0.07,
        VelThreshold = 2.2,
        FORCEPLATE_TYPE = 4
        )
      ={    Corners.Data = {{{508.0, 464.0, 0.0}, {508.0, 0.0, 0.0}, {0.0, 0.0, 0.0}, {0.0, 464.0, 0.0}}, {{509.0, 0.0, 0.0}, {509.0, 464.0, 0.0}, {1017.0, 464.0, 0.0}, {1017.0, 0.0, 0.0}}};};
  4. Note that you can now change the corner nodes as needed... the values you see in the script i have found using the model tree and dumped out of the object Main.ModelSetup.C3DFileData.Groups.FORCE_PLATFORM. CORNERS

So now you can changes these nodes and it will change way the plate is oriented.

Sorry for the confusions on the way.

Best regards
Søren
Attached Files
File Type: any ForcePlateAutoDetection.any (19.1 KB, 7 views)

Old 06-28-2017, 12:58 PM

Hi,

Many thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to do, great, I finally managed thanks to you, thanks again for your precious help toerholm !

I wanted to rotate this second plate because of concerns, let me explain.
With exactly the same C3D file, running AnyGait (lower limbs) and AnyMoCap (full body) didn't provide the same results for hip joints reaction forces.
I perfectly understand I will not obtain exactly the same values, but I was speaking about the shapes of the curve, for the FullBody: right hip reaction force (first plate) is rather similar, but for left hip reaction force (second plate, with different orientation from Anybody examples, rotated 180° horizontally) the decrease between the two peaks is not present (see file attached).

Is there a difference in awareness of the orientations of the plates between both models ?
What could possibly explain this variations ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hipjointsreactionforces_fullbody.jpg (62.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-28-2017, 02:04 PM
AnyBody Support

Hi

There is only one correct placement/orientation of the plate, please review the measured GRF direction it will display if the plate has correct orientation or not.

For gait the GRF needs to points inwards towards the center of the chest, if you rotate the plate 180 deg you will see this GRF pointing outwards this can not be correct.

The two models are using sligthly different forceplate classes, but the difference should only relate to a reorganization of the class to make it easier to use, it should not change results.

If you are looking to find the difference between the two models i would run the model with no muscles on and compare the torque in the jointmuscles. This will make it easier to understand the cause of the difference.

Todo that you will need to the BodyModelConfig.any file and switch off muscles. Then you run the inverse dynamics and look at the jointmuscle out from each joint, there will be a positive and neg muscle generating torque.

You will need to same type of analysis in AnyGait and then compare the torques.

One more thing:

Please start by comparing the kinematics between the two models, this might be what is triggering the difference, if you are not using same marker locations it will lead to differences in kinematics which may alter muscle and joint forces.

Best regards
Søren