Exporting force

Hi,

I have some questions to ask:

1.What’s the numbers like “F[0…0][0][0]” mean to the forces? I know the last one means x,y,z axises, but I don’t really undertsand the other two.

Serie0[0] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][0][0]
Serie0[1] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][0][1]
Serie0[2] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][0][2]
Serie0[3] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][1][0]
Serie0[4] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][1][1]
Serie0[5] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][1][2]
Serie0[6] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][2][0]
Serie0[7] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][2][1]
Serie0[8] …RefFrameOutput.F[0…0][2][2]

2.If I want to export a muscle’s force, should I click “Fm” or “Fout”, I want to figure out the difference between “Fm” and “Fout”. In the forum, I’ve seen you explain “Fout” as a net force, but I don’t exactly know what’s “net force” mean.

3.When I click “Fm” in the GluteusMinimusMid1 file and other GluteusMini files in standing model, it shows almost as 0 Newton, is it normal? The version of mine is 7.0.

4.I want to know how to use “AnyMechOutputFileForceExport”, because I want to export all forces into an Excel file. Is it in the tutorial about FE convert? If not, could you please tell me how to operate?

Dear Annabelle,

Please add your full name and affiliation to your profile. This is a professional forum and we would like to know whom we are helping.

1. The first index relates to the number of steps in your analysis, which is 1, hence you see [0…0]. The second relates to the number of ref. frames in your muscle object - you have 3, meaning you have origin, insertion, and probably a wrapping point? The last one is the XYZ indices.

2. They should be the same unless a pennation angle is given for your muscle. Please use Fout.

3. GluteusMinimus is probably not required for the standing posture or some larger muscles do the work instead. Try changing the posture to have some hip flexion - the Gmin should activate when the motion around requires some action.

4. Yes, there is a tutorial.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Dear Pavel,
Thanks for your reply. It seems that the chart tree in chart view has been updated. I have three more questions.

1. Like SacrumPelvisProximoDistalForce, when all the muscles are hidden, it shows 394N, when all the muscles are on, it shows 660N. I don’t know why, If I want to get a correct reaction force, I shouldn’t hide the muscles, right?

2. In the tutorial, the Hip_ProximoDistalForce in the standing model is about 334N:
    http://file:///C:/Program%20Files/AnyBody%20Technology/AnyBody.7.1/Documentation/Tutorials/A_Getting_started/lesson3.html
    But when I practise, it shows 253N with all the muscles off, because of presumably 80N’s differences, I think there will be some effect. And it shows 1353N with all the muscles on. The values vary greatly.

3. AnyBody brings us a lot of convenience, but when I click a certain item in the chart tree, I just know its name roughly, I sincerely hope when I click the item, the direction of the force will be shown in the model view.
    For that, I’ve tried to draw an arrow in the model view to know the exact direction, is that I need to find the file of the item I choose then write some codes? However, it seems not easy to find it out.

Best wishes,
Annabelle

Hi,

1. When you say hiding - do you mean you switch them off using a BM statement? Yes, without going into much more details, muscles give a more precise information about the joint reaction forces.

2. I must say I need a better explanation of what you have done. I do not fully understand what it is you are talking about.

3. Yes, we are working on this aspect, it should easier to visualize in future. But at the moment you could display muscle forces by adding a special drawing element. This is not done for all muscles by default because it would pollute the Model View significantly.

Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.ShoulderArm.Mus.deltoideus_posterior_part_4 = {
    AnyFolder Draw = {
      #include "<ANYBODY_PATH_BODY>/DrawSettings/DrawMuscleForce.any"
      DrawOrg.Visible = Off;
      DrawIns.Visible = On;
    };
  };

You can add this piece of code for the muscles of interest. This is by no means a perfect drawing for the muscles, but you could get inspired how one can draw it.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Hi,
Thanks a lot about your answer about visualizing muscle’s force, I’ve tried and make it.

1. First I want to ask about the vector reference origin you wrote——what does “Org” mean? If I’d like to visualize joint reaction force, how should I change it? Because it shows error about the origin when I want to visualize joint reaction force.

2. Besides, there are some questions I felt confused before. I’ve asked you "If I want to export a muscle’s force, should I click “Fm” or “Fout” ", and you said I should use Fout. But in the tutorial, it uses Fm, I can’t really decide which one to use.

3.When I switch off all the muscles by using a BM statement, it shows 253N about the Hip_ProximoDistalForce, but in the tutorial, it’s 334N, I want to know whether it is because the differences between versions or something else that cause different results.

1. When I switch off all the muscles by using a BM statement, it shows 253N about the Hip_ProximoDistalForce. In reverse, when I switch them on, it shows 1353N. In your last answer, you mean If I want to get a more precise result, then I shouldn’t switch off the muscles?

Best wishes,
Annabelle

Dear Annabelle,

1. Regarding muscles, ‘Org’ usually means ‘Origin’ points.

2. For simple muscles, there will be no different in the amounts of ‘Fm’ and ‘Fout’ values. But for hill-type muscles, those can be different.
    Please have a look at the following tutorial about muscles:
    https://anyscript.org/tutorials/Muscle_modeling/lesson5.html

3. For better estimation of joint reaction forces, it will be nice to enable the muscles in your models.

Best regards,
Moonki

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.