About graph of running

Hi AnyBody support,

I have some question of ChartFX.

I run “InverseDynamicModel” and I checked graph in ChartFX.

I checked that some graphs were displayed for one muscle.

For example, tibialis anterior was displayed three graphs.

Why were any graphs displayed?

What does these graphs mean?

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hello Akira,

I am not sure about what you tried to display in the chart. The tibialis anterior can show up more than once in the output of your study (at least twice: left and right). Can you say more precise what you are plotting?

Best regards
Daniel

P.S.: Please try to use AnyChart instead of ChartFX since ChartFX is not supported in version 6.0 and later.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message.

I tried to check muscle about right reg in AnyChart.

I upload the file “AnyChart.jpg”.

I checked that some graphs were displayed for one muscle.

For example, tibialis anterior was displayed three graphs.

What does these graphs mean?

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hello Akira,

I am not sure if I understand your problem properly.

The graph you uploaded shows a graph of the Pmet, so the metabolic power, of the Tibails Anterior muscle. You can find a description of the properties of an object in the Reference Manual, which you can e.g. open by locating the object (in your case the Tibialis Anterior muscle) in the model tree and press the F1-button).
You said you sometimes have more than one graph and I am not completely sure what you mean by that. Could you try to show what you mean?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message.

I want to watch muscle acting on right foot in running.

I upload the file “capture1.jpg”.

Each muscle is categorized into some folder.

How does AnyBody classify muscle?

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hello Akira,

I don’t know how much you know about the structure of the AnyBody Modelling System, so I try to start with some basics.

When you click on one of the folders, you can see that it is an object is one of the muscle classes implemented in AMS, i.e. AnyViaPointMuscle, AnyShortestPathMuscle, AnyMuscleSheet (which you will not find in the BodyModel yet) or AnyGeneralMuscle. All these are shown as folder because the AnyScript is an object oriented script language (if you are not familiar with it just think of it as starting from one or more basic types where you create new types by adding some properties to the base type to get a more specific type. In that sense e.g. AnyShortestPathMuscle is a specialization of the AnyFolder type.) and thus a muscle is derived from the AnyFolder. Thus, each muscle object has different properties characterizing the definition of the muscles (using constant values, e.g. for the maximal strength, provided via the muscle model) and the current state using time dependent variables, e.g. the current force produced by the muscle, the current length, etc.

I hope I covered your question with this explanation.

I also recommend to read the tutorial “Muscle modeling” http://www.anybodytech.com/fileadmin/AnyBody/Docs/Tutorials/chap5_Muscle_modeling/intro.html to get get a better understanding of this topic.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your message and kind advice.

It also might be really helpful for me.
But I didn’t mean that. I think my explaination was not good.

As you can see the picture I attached(capture2.jpg), I got the results that I can’t understand.
What I don’t understand and want you to tell me is why I have 3 results for each muscle active as I expected the result should be 1.

What is the meaning of “TibialisAnterior1”, “TibialisAnterior2”, “TibialisAnterior3”? How different between these 3 results??

I’m sorry that I always disturb you.
And always appreciate your kind help

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hello Akira,

this is because the Tibialis Anterior muscle is split up into 3 branches. Since a muscle is represented as a thin line (basically just the line of action without any diameter) spitting up the muscle in different branches helps to model wider muscles wrapping over some geometry or muscles that have a bigger attachment area.
So if you want to have e.g. the force produced by the complete Tibialis Anterior, you have to sum up the forces of the three branches. To get the activity you could take the max of the three activities.

Best regards
Daniel