analysis would be static or dynamic

Hi there,
I am going for car seat analysis in which backrest is going to inclined at various angle and steering is also going to rotate at some angle. A torque is also defined as steering force. Analysis would be done for one minute for different back rest position. The results are carried on one angle inclination at a time for one second with steering moving with a torque. Now my question is whether the analysis is static or dynamic as effect of vibration are not considered for analysis.
Also anybody solves the problem (inverse dynamics) in time steps. Is that made the analysis dynamic or not?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Hi,

The analysis is dynamic. Anybody takes into account the accelerations and inertia forces even if the analysis is divided into steps. The vibrations of the car can be considered as an additional external load for the accelerations it will provide, you may choose to include it or not, but they are probably quite small and should have little effect compare to forces like steering torque.

Best regards, Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain,
Thanks for the reply.
How much torque magnitude should be taken for defining car steering torque? I had defined 30Nm torque to car steering. Is it ok? What is an exact criterion to find out the torque magnitude to be applied to steering?

Regards,

Hi,

I simply don’t know how much is the torque in a steering wheel. You will have to look for data about it, or maybe make a small experiment and measure it.

Best regards, Sylvain.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Why time is needed to define the motion. All the results of car steering model are coming with respect to time- why? I taken time end= 1 sec. is time variation has anything related to the magnitude of resultant forces. If I increase the time form 1 sec to 10min, whether forces magnitude are going to change or are independent of time.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Hi,

The time is important because the simulation is dynamic. A motion done in 1 second will have higher accelerations than the same motion done in 10 minutes. Higher accelerations means higher inertia forces and therefore may lead to higher muscle activation to carry those forces.

Best regards, Sylvain.