Definitions of Pmet and EPOTmt?

Hello.
How is the output measures Pmet and EPOTmt defined? I fail to find definitions, neither in the tutorials nor in the reference manual. I’m trying to get an “efficiency measure” to compare three similar but different movements.
Sincerely,
jokke

EPOTmt
Total potential energy in the muscle-tendon unit.

Pmet
Metabolic power.

Description from AnyGeneralMuscle in AnyScript Reference Manual

Hello, and thanks for the answer. But that I already knew. Perhaps I was a bit unclear. How are those 2 “measures” actually computed by the software?
Anyway, for the Pmet I now know that it is like this:
Pmet = Pm/0.25 (if Pm > 0)
Pmet = -Pm/1.25 (if Pm < 0).
But for EPOTmtI still don’t know. mgh for the current timestep?
Sincerely,
jokke

Hi Jokke!

EPOTmt is an estimation of the current elastic energy stored in the tendon. This is primarily interesting for sports performances where the elasticity of the tendons might improve efficiency or the opposite depending on how the motion is organized.

The formula behind it is very simple: The tendon is considered linearly elastic and its stiffness is computed based on the isometric strength of the muscle. With stiffness and force given, it is simple to compute how much the tendon is stretched and how much elastic energy is stored in it.

Best regards,
John

Hello, and let me first congratulate Denmark on its stunning start in the Ice Hockey world championships!
(here is northern sweden, the ice just broke on the great lake but the ground was covered with snow this morning, so no more hockey, but still skiing)

Ok, I get the concept about potential elastic energy. I’ll try to check some references regarding the tendon stiffness computation.

/jokke