Errors with model when determining kinematics

Hi

I am having some strange errors when I try to run my model. For example:

1. When I run my model with the attached anyinclude file I get the following error:

Failed to resolve kinematic constraints (final kin. error = 7.574530E-005)
Constraint no. 9 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000075. - constr. #0 in ‘Main.Drivers.GHMotion’
Constraint no. 11 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000076. - constr. #2 in ‘Main.Drivers.GHMotion’
Constraint no. #0 in ‘Main.Drivers.GHMotion’ above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000075.
Constraint no. #2 in ‘Main.Drivers.GHMotion’ above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000076.
3) …Kinematic analysis terminated
ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) : E:/AnyBody_Monique/T…s/08…AB/TwoBones.any : MyStudy.Kinematics : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 3

This error does not occur when the 0.89 is changed to 0.88 or 0.90 i.e. just either side of this position.

1. When I run my model with the attached anyinclude2 file I get the following error:

ERROR(OBJ.LIB.OOS1) : E:/AnyBody_Monique/T…s/08…AB/MuscleDef.any : infraspinatus_5.SPLine : Unexpected exception in the library OOSol :
OOSol exception : MISSING MESSAGE.

Again this error does not occur when the 1.13 is changed to 1.14 or 1.12 i.e. just either side of this position.

Can you please explain why these errors might be occuring at certain points and how I could fix them? I have attached the model in a zip file.

Merci

Elizabeth

Hi Elisabeth,

that is probably related to Monique’s question regarding infraspinatus_5, but I cannot say exactly what causes the error at the moment. We will look into that, and get back to you on MOnday.

Amir

Hi Elisabeth,

If you add a few more timesteps the kinematic problem is resolved i tried 7,8,16 all, i think the jump between the steps becomes too big for the solver. I also tested it on the next AnyBody version here it worked with 6 steps.

For the muscle wrapping problem i think the issue is sliding related…

I tried to set nStep =18 then it runs through but about at the same position at which it fails in for nstep=6, the muscle flips to the other side. I think the remedy in this case will be to add an extra via point on scapula that would ensure this from occurring…

Best regards
Søren