fea analysi problem

Maybe you have exported the bone in the Global reference frame. But it should be in Local. Could you try that?

Regards,
Pavel

Dear sir
i thinks following tranformation should work for my problem-

If the reference frame of the segment is not identical to the one of the FE mesh, one can apply a constant transformation to all data accommodating for this misalignment. The –t option allows you to enter the transformation as a string containing space separated numbers. The command line will look like:

AnyFE2Abq.exe -i …\files_in\clavload.xml -o …\files_out\output.inp -m .\clavicula.inp –r segment –t “a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33 dx dy dz”

The transformation may contain either 9 or 12 numbers. The first nine, aij, must be the orthogonal rotational transformation matrix and the latter optional three, dx, dy, and dz, are the translations.
Is im right or not?
And how to define the t values?
Thanks.

Export in the local ref. frame.

Regards,
Pavel

yes sir
i exported it in global reference frame.

ok thanks sir
i will try it in local reference frame.

Sir when i export the stl file there is a scaling option, if i scale 1000 and in local reference frame. Then after praparing mesh still i need to give transformation that you earlier suggested or not during any2abaqus procedure.
Thanks.

If you use a factor of 1000 while exporting - you need to specify this transformation. If you leave this scaling factor to be 1 - then you could ignore the scaling transformation for AnyFE2Abq converter.

Regards,
Pavel

Dear sir
I think influence radius is now ok.
*coupling, constraint name=CON_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_1, ref node=NS_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_1, surface=anybodysurface, influence radius=5.066477
*distributing, weighting method=UNIFORM
*node, nset=NS_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_2
100002,-23.400000,-70.000000,3.700000
*coupling, constraint name=CON_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_2, ref node=NS_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_2, surface=anybodysurface, influence radius=5.066477
*node, nset=NS_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_3
100003,-23.400000,-70.000000,3.700000
*coupling, constraint name=CON_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_3, ref node=NS_MusclesSpineRight_PsoasMajor_PML4I_TM_3, surface=anybodysurface, influence radius=5.066477
Abaqus is now not opening the file.Giving only one error.
AbaqusException: in keyword *SURFACE, file “newbone.inp”, line 32562: The NAME parameter is required.
Thanks.

Mohit,

I think that’s already a problem of your mesh generation - not really something that we could help you with. The only *surface that is used while converting the AnyBody output is the following code section and it definitely has the name - so please check your own input decks:

*surface,name=anybodysurface,type=element

Regards,
Pavel

Dear sir:(
File open now a new problem arises.
Error in job Job-1: THE INFLUENCE RADIUS IS LESS THAN THE CLOSEST COUPLING NODE LOCATED ON THE SURFACE FOR COUPLING DEFINITION ASSEMBLY_CON_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORBREVISDISTAL1_1 32631. FOR THIS CASE Abaqus TRIES TO FIND THE FACET WHICH IS CLOSEST TO THE REFERENCE NODE. Abaqus WAS NOT ABLE TO LOCATE A FACET. PLEASE CHECK SURFACE NORMALS AND THE COUPLING DEFINITION.
Error in job Job-1: NODE SET ASSEMBLY_NS_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORMAGNUSPROXIMAL2_1 HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED
Error in job Job-1: A CONCENTRATED LOAD HAS BEEN SPECIFIED ON NODE SET ASSEMBLY_NS_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORMAGNUSPROXIMAL2_1. THIS NODE SET IS NOT ACTIVE IN THE MODEL
Error in job Job-1: NODE SET ASSEMBLY_NS_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORMAGNUSPROXIMAL2_2 HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED
Error in job Job-1: A CONCENTRATED LOAD HAS BEEN SPECIFIED ON NODE SET ASSEMBLY_NS_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORMAGNUSPROXIMAL2_2. THIS NODE SET IS NOT ACTIVE IN THE MODEL
Error in job Job-1: NODE SET ASSEMBLY_NS_LEG_MUS_ADDUCTORMAGNUSPROXIMAL2_3 HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED.

Sir the transformation you said earlier in which we are typing 1000.
Can be code .001 because we have scale the femur 1000 at time of exporting? Because we have scale down thw mesh.
Thanks.

Mohit,

try to comment the problematic couplings (in the text editor) and see in GUI where the nodes are. Are you nodes and geometries consistent? I have a feeling you broke the consistency that we had from before.

A factor of 1000 will convert the exported mesh to mm. A factor of 1 will keep it in meters.

Regards,
Pavel

Dear sir
i have exported the mesh by giving the scaling factor 1000 because 3-matic needs file in mm. Thats by im giving the tranformations suggested by you previously.
Im attaching the output file. Should i delete the nodes which have influence radius is not between 0-10?
Thanks.

No, you should not. I just suggested to figure out why it goes wrong.
One way would be to visualize it in Abaqus to see whether the geometries are now aligned or not, but judging from the influence radii - they seem to be. Could you try increasing the influence radius for problematic constraints by, say, 5 mm? Just to see whether it fixes the problem.

Alternatively you could have a look at the bottom of the Abaqus tutorial page - it suggests how to define the constraint between a node and the piece of the surface.

Regards,
Pavel

Sir
plz check the how constrant are looking. I think the reference point are alsosame as i set in anybody model.
Thanks.

I would expect the nodes to be around the bone. It looks like there is an offset between the nodes and the mesh.

In fact it looks like the influence radii were computed for one mesh, but you use the mesh from something else. That would cause the problems that you had.

Try once again:

1. Mesh femur (in exactly the same ref. frame as you used for exporting).
  2. Run converter on this mesh
  3. Use exactly this mesh for the simulation.

Please note that the mesh should be in a simple format
*NODE
*ELEMENT
without different sections.

Somehow you still get a mismatch between objects. Consistency of mesh and the output is the key here.

Regards,
Pavel

Sir im doing same as you are suggesting.
Im exporting the femur from model in which i have assign the reference frame in anybody.
And i preparing the mesh of same bone.
And Applying the convertor.
im attaching the modae from where i exported the left femur with reference frame.
Thanks.

Sir
im attaching the mesh which i just generated from 3 matic.
Plz check it is ok or not.
Thanks.

Mohit,

I just checked your mesh. You export left femur and apply right femur forces. As I mentioned a few times - please be consistent.

Regards,
Pavel

Thanks sir
This can be the point. But we were thinking that we are exporting the right bone because i give reference point at right bone in environment.
};//GlobalRef

AnySeg &RiLeg = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.Seg.Thigh;
RiLeg ={
AnyRefNode localrefframe={
sRel = {0,0,0};
// ARel = RotMat(0.5*pi,x);
AnyDrawRefFrame drws = {ScaleXYZ = {1,1,1}*0.3;RGB={0,0,1};};
};
};

};
I exporting same bone.
Thanks.

How can i identify during coding that forces are occuring on right or left femur?
Because now i change the coding as below-
AnyMechOutputFileForceExport FE_Out =
{
FileName = “Output\rthighload.xml”;
UseRefFrameOnOff = On;
AnyRefFrame & ref1 = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Thigh;
AllSegmentsInStudyOnOff = Off;
XMLformatOnOff = On;
//AllSegmentsInStudyOnOff = Off;

AnySeg &thigh = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Thigh;

};

is it ok or not?