Generic Body Models and the AMMR

Hello.
Am I missing something or has there been change (since 6.1) in how, when and where you can set “initial positions” (like the “Axes0” property)? I haven’t seen anything about it in any release notes. If so, do I have to use the Mannequin file (or a similar style of control) if I don’t want to mess with the Brep?
/jokke

Hi,

Every segments still have its Axes0 property, this didn’t changed. However at some point we set this property to be controlled by the Mannequin file for each segment representing a bone. I honestly don’t remenber in wich version this change was first made, but now you dont have to mess in the body parts to set the initial position of the bone. Just setting the joint angle in the Mannequin file will do it.

Best regards, Sylvain.

Hello.
Yes, I know the segments (still) have an Axes0 property, and yes, I do know that you can use the Mannequin file (or a similar style of control). But the question is, do I have to use the Mannequin file (or a similar style of control) if not wanting to mess about with the Body Repository?
I found an “initial conditions file” in the Repository that set the Axes0 property for the trunk (this file was not present in Brep 6.1). From that I draw the conclusion that if I don’t want to fiddle with the Repository, I am forced to use the Mannequin file (or a similar style of control). Ie, I can’t set the Axes0 property directly without removing files in the Repository. Am I correct?
I hope my question(s) are clearer now.
/jokke

Hi,

Ok i think i get your point this time. It was very clear in the first message. In each body part folder in Body there is this InitialConditions.any file you are talking about. There is one for each body part. And this file sets the Axes0 property by directly using the mannequin values. So the way it is done now you must use the Mannequin file to control the initial positions.

If you don’t want to use the Mannequin file, but want to set directly the Axes0 by using a RotMat function for example, then you have to modify this InitialConditions file for each body part, and therefore mess with the BRep.

I hope this is clear now. If not please writte again.

Best regards, Sylvain.

Hi everybody! I was wondering if any of you would have a femur bone CAD file or the dimensions of it? if there is a Solidworks file even better!
thank you…my mail is jolis_olivero@hotmail.com
best regards

you can download a trail version of the AMS and follow the procedure given in the Finite Element tutorial. This will provide you with .stl files.
Best regards,
Sebastian