Ground recation and muscle force computing

Hello,

In a gait analysis, when I look at the output datas like Fm, I see that sometimes force is computed only when the foot is on the force plate, and sometimes we can see activation all along the gait, but with an bigger amplitude at the time the foot is on the fore plate.
I was wondering in inverse dynamic gait analysis if muscle force was computed only when the foot is on the force plate or all along the walk :is there a ground reaction by default or do I have to make a model of it?

Hi,

Your question)
‘I was wondering in inverse dynamic gait analysis if muscle force was computed only when the foot is on the force plate or all along the walk’

-> Generally speaking, if you want to get a reasonable result,
then there should be some reaction forces and moment between human and environment to somewhere in human body segments such as both feet or pelvis.

In some examples where there is no available measured ground reactions such as ‘StandingLift’ or ‘SeatedHuman’ examples in the repository,
then AnyBody uses some techniques to predict reactions by using artificial muscles.

If you want to get more feedback, please upload your model in the debug section and ask again.

Best regards,
Moonki