Landmarks for scaling in TLEM

Hi AnyBody Team!

A possibility of scaling is the use of anatomical landmarks. Regarding the TLEM model, for example, only three landmarks in the femur are given (trochanter major and epicondyles) which is unfortunately unsatisfactory. Is it therefore an adequate approach to identify further landmarks based on the visualized bones? Can I use the visualized bones for surface based scaling?

Very big thanks in advance!
Malte

Hi Malte,

Please have a look at our tutorial on scaling. Femur morphing is described in detail.

Regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I’m sorry if my point has not become quite clear, so let me go more into detail. For the scaling certain landmarks are required. To my knowledge, in the standing model (based on TLEM data-set) there are only three bony landmarks in the femur defined. In the tutorial (MyScalingLaw.any) you work with six landmarks (Points0) for the affine transformation and for the RBF transformation with a total number of fifteen. Where did you get this landmarks from, since they are not included in the standing model? I even checked muscle insertion/origin points in the standing model, but none correspond to your landmarks. If anything remains unclear please let me know.

Best regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,

Yes, you are right. They are not there just yet. We are trying to make sure that such or this set works for all or at least a majority of femora. Thus, they will officially be included into the AMMR a little later when tested better, but you can just copy the landmarks from the tutorial and work with those. It may be a good idea to visualize them to get an idea on what they are and how to find them.

Best regards,
Pavel