Problem appendix A scaling

Hello !!
I’m currently working on scaling and try to follow the tutorials. Among others, I wanted to launch the appendix A (Scaling based on Patient-Specific Landmarks). Unfortunately I’m facing a problem when I want to display the model (Model view (new)). Here is the error :

ERROR(SYS1) :   Model View Graph Creation  :  Unknown error
  Model view graph could not be created.
ERROR(SYS1) :   Model View Graph Creation  :  Unknown error
  Model view graph could not be created.
ERROR(SYS1) :   Model View Draw  :  Unknown error
  Model View failed to render scene.

Could you help me to solve it ? Thank you in advance !

Regards,
Lauranne

Hi Lauranne,

this is an error we have seen before that showed up from time to time. Basically it is a kind of internal error which comes up when something wents wrong with the creation of the contents of the ModelView. As far as I know this can have different reasons, e.g. problems with graphics card.

Apart from the error message, do you have problems with the contents of the ModelView or anything else in AMS after the error message shows up? If so, does it help to close the ModelView and open a new one? Have you seen this problem also with other models?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
This is pretty strange because I did not encoutered any problems with other softwares needing important computing with graphics card (e.g. Catia).

Apart from the error message, do you have problems with the contents of the ModelView or anything else in AMS after the error message shows up?

In fact not. Only this error: the model can be launched without problem but not the model view

If so, does it help to close the ModelView and open a new one?

I tried; but no, still the same problem. I also tried to relaunch the model and to close and reopen Anybody ; still the problem

Have you seen this problem also with other models?

No ! Or, at least, not yet :wink:
For info, I also tried to launch the model view for appendix A with another computer but, again, this error.

Do you know if I can test something on my computer to test if it is effectively the graphics card ?

Thanks again for your help !

Regards,
Lauranne

Hi Lauranne,

in this case I assume that it is probably no problem of the graphics card. In fact using this model I can reproduce the problem. I think that is a bug that has to be handled in the software.

I am sorry for the inconvenience with this tutorial. Since it is vacation time at the moment I think this problem cannot be solved this week, but we try to fix this as soon as possible.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your return.

No problem for vacations, I’ve lots of other things to do :wink: Could you maybe just post an answer when it’ll be fixed ?

Best regards,
Lauranne

Hi Lauranne,

We were able to reproduce and fix the problem in the AnyBody software, and the fix will go out along with the next release of the AnyBody Modeling System.

Until then, a workaround for the issue is to define a vector of pointnames for the AnyDrawPointCloud objects in the model. In this case there are two AnyDrawPointCloud objects defined in the appendixa.Main.any file. If they are changed to look like this instead, the modelview will work correctly again:

AnyDrawPointCloud a =
{
RGB = {1, 0, 0};
Points = .Scaling.AffineTransform(.DrawGrid.A);
PointNames = {“a”};
};
AnyDrawPointCloud[SIZE=2] b =
{
RGB = {0, 0, 1};
Points = .Scaling.RBFTransform(.DrawGrid.A);
PointNames = {“b”};
};

Best regards,
Jesper
[/SIZE]

Hi Jesper,
Thank you for your return, and for solving the problem !

I take the opportunity to ask you when the new release will be available ? Also, I would be interested in the new muscle algorithm (AnyKinSPSheet) applied to the deltoid muscle ; will it be available in the new release of ammr ??

Best regards,
Lauranne

Hi Lauranne,

There is no fixed date on the release, it will probably be a couple weeks to finish implementing some fixes and do tests on it.

the AnyKinSPSheet is available in AMS v6.0, you can find it in the Class list and the Reference manual. You are right, there is also a prototype of a model using this sheet for the deltoid. We are still running tests on it, and we are looking for users with strong shoulder arm background to evaluate and test it.