Question about 'AnyStdJoint' between two AnySeg objects with reference nodes

[FONT=Arial]Hello,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I have a question about AnyStdJoint between two AnySeg objects.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Before writing this question, I found a previous post:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]http://forum.anyscript.org/showthread.php?t=1766[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]So, I found that an AnyStdJoint constraints two AnyRefFrame objects consistent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Especially when two AnySeg objects are used for the definition of the AnyStdJoint then the AnyStdJoint constraints two body coordinate systems of those AnySeg objects consistent.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Let’s assume that there are two AnySeg objects which are located and oriented by ‘r0’ and ‘Axes0’ properties. And I want to fix them each other as they are located and oriented.[/FONT]

Then I should make two AnyRefNode objects on each AnySeg object and those AnyRefNode objects should express the same position and orientation in the global coordinate system.

I think that it is reasonable to make two AnyRefNode objects at which two AnySeg objects meet actually. But sometimes that may be a time-consuming work.

So I think that it is easier to make two AnyRefNoe objects which designate the origin of the global coordinate system. Even though those two AnySeg objects do not meet at the origin of the global coordinate system, it is easier to define.

AnyRefNode objects which are used in AnyStdJoint mean that those AnySeg objects meet at that position. So if I make AnyRefNode objects at the origin of the global coordinate system, then the reaction forces and torques may be different from real values.

I have a question here. Besides these reaction forces and torques, aren’t there any problems for making AnyRefNode objects like this?

I’m sorry for making this question too long and boring. Please give me an advice.

Hello,
you are right, the forces and moments will be different. As long as you use a Standartjoint nothing else should happen. But to be honest I’m not really sure where you are aiming at.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Hello,

First, thanks for your advice.

What I want to do is to translate CAD assembly into AnyBody objects.

Let’s assume that there are two part models in SolidWorks assembly and they are connected by several mate conditions. Then those part models may be fixed each other by some mate combinations.

If those two part models in SolidWorks are identified as fixed each other, then I should use AnyStdJoint to fix them each other.

If I want to fix them as they are located and oriented, I can’t use their body coordinate frames for AnyStdJoint. So I should create two AnyRefNode objects in each AnySeg objects.

But because it may be a time-consuming work to create AnyRefNode objects at proper position, so I think it is much easier to create AnyRefNode objects which designate the origin of global reference frame. And those created AnyRefNode can be used for defining AnyStdJoint.