Reading the optimized parameters file

Hi AnyBody Tech.

I am using AnyBody 5.0.0, AMMR v1.3, GaitLowerExtremity model.

My project is building a side-hop model with and without taping on knee.

Under the no taping condition, 21 reflective markers were placed on the body segments. But, four markers on the lateral and medial femoral epicondyles, head of fibula, and tibial tuberosity were removed under taping condition.

First, I built the no taping model and run “MotionAnParameterOptimizationSequence”, then, I got the “OptimizedParameters.txt” file.

In order to use the same “OptimizedParameters.txt” file to run “MotionAndParameterOptimizationSequence”, and to produce the “output-euler-rightlegtd.txt” file under taping condition. I tried to use the not taping trial as a calibration trial and modify the “Sequencce1.anymcr” file and the AnyScript in the “ModelSetup.any” to read the “OptimizedParameters.txt” file.

However, there are something wrong to read the file. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks

Kuang-Wei

Dear Kuang-Wei,

I understand your intention.

These days we are working on the new Mocap model.
But it will be available in the new AMMR version and new AMS v6.x versions.

What I would suggest for you is that:

1. When you get your “OptimizedParameters.txt” using no-taping C3D file, just copy the segment lengths and paste them into ‘TrialSpecificData.any’ file.

2. Then when you should run the MotionAndParameterOptimization process with your taping C3D file, then you should not optimize the segment lengths. You can do that in the ‘ModelSetup.any’ file:

OptimizeAnthropometricsOnOff OptimizeOnOff 
  (
    PelvisWidthOnOff ="Off", 
    ThighLengthOnOff="Off", 
    ShankLengthOnOff="Off", 
    FootLengthOnOff="Off", 
    HeadHeightOnOff="Off", 
    TrunkHeightOnOff="Off", 
    UpperArmLengthOnOff="Off",
    LowerArmLengthOnOff="Off",
    VarusValgusOnOff="Off",
    Model1=MotionAndParameterOptimizationModel, Model2= InverseDynamicModel
  ) ={};
  1. After that you can run the InverseDynamicStudy with your taping C3D file.

This does not look a elegant way. But This may be an easy way in AMS V5.X.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi Kuang-Wei,

When you were in Aalborg, I think we set this up for your FDK model, did we not? If yes, you should be able to copy and paste those changes.

Basically you need to make a new operation sequence such that it loads the specified optimized parameters and subsequently only runs the motion optimization to save the joint angles.

If you cannot find the changes, please just send me an email directly and we will figure it out.

Best regards
Michael Skipper Andersen
Associate Professor
The AnyBody Research Project
Aalborg University

Hi Moonki

That’s really an easy way to do that in AMS v5.0

I will try that.

Thanks

Best Regards

Kuang-Wei

To skipper

Yes, We set it up in the FDK model when I was in Aalborg.

I tried to figure out the difference between AMS v6.0 and AMS v5.0, also copied and modified the script from AMS v6 to AMS v5.

But, there are some problems I am not sure how to fix it.

If I still have problems, I will send an e-mail for help.

Thank you Skipper

Best Regards

Kuang-Wei