Simple problem.How to move the 'standing model'?

Hi,
It is annoying to get though with the tutorial times after times but couldn’t get the ‘standing model’ moving. Could anyone suggest solutions for the simple problem encountered? My problem is as simple as making the standing model to kick, that’s all.
Which one do I refer to? The Mannequin.any? or JointsAndDrivers.any?

Bonjour!
I would say the JointsAndDrivers.any
/jokke

The standing model has boundary conditions between the feet and the floor. As far as I remember, the conditions require the feet to be in contact with the floor and the collective center of mass of the model to be above the origin of the global coordinate system. These constraints limit how much you can move the model unless you modify the constraints in the JointsAndDrivers file as Jokke suggests.

Depending on which movement you want to impose there might be better models in the repository to begin from.

Best regards,
John

Thank you for the support. I’ve finally made the standing model moving! I’m not sure how I did it but I don’t understand the structure.I thought using a model without muscles will not make the model moves since Reaction.Type is off. I have also changed nstep in AnyBodyStudy to see the model moves but it is moving too slow. How can I speed that up?

Any suggestion for a better model to begin with my project? It is to perform a simple kick or more specifically a front kick.
My respository version is 6.2.

Do you have any experience with anybody or do u just work via “trial and error”?

I was working several times on the tutorial together with my project for the pass few weeks considering myself still fresh at this point. There are many conditions that I must comply with before I can make the model move in ways I wanted. However, I find it challenging to make end meet (The anybody modelling system, tutorial, pg 208).
The standing couldn’t perform a simple kick because the conditions require the foot to be on the ground. And I have no experience to solve the problem.
All I need to do is to make the model perform a simple kick, and analyze the muscles. That’s all.

Bonjour!
Perhaps you should use the “FreePostureMove” model as a starting point instead. Its the pelvis that is locked to the ground (not the feet as it is for the standing model).
/jokke

Hi all,

Hey thanks Jokke. I think that will ideal for my investigation using free body posture. What does the TimeSerie3 indicates in the Mannequin.any folder? How do I specifically define the posture? And last how to properly defined its motion, as in how does it move? I want to show them what Anybody is capable of in analysis of human motion and its subsequent strain to the muscle. Need a big help here.

Kane

Hi Kane,

The FreePostureMove model is set up to allow each anatomical degree of freedom to be controlled by an interpolation function. You can type the interpolated values into the mannequin.any file. You have proably already figured that out.

Each degree of freedom needs a set of driver values corresponding to instants in time. To limit the amount of data in the mannequin file, a few time vectors have been predefined, and these are the TimeSeries that you refer to. The developer of the model has provided a number of them that you can choose from, hence TimeseSerie1, TimeSerie2 and so on. They have different numbers of components, so for a complex movement you can choose a long one and for a simple movement, use s short one. Of course you have to specify as many joint angle values to interpolate as you have components in the selected TimeSeries.

Best regards,
John