"t" in AnyMuscleModel

hello everybody!

I would like information on function AnyMuscleModel.
I see that with this function you can create a simple model of muscle which need to be specified strength F0.
But reading the AnyScriptReferenceManual I see that there is also another AnyVar that should be specified, ie the variable t which I think is the time.
Can I have more information about it, please?

I hope I was clear

Thank you!

Hello,

yes, you are right, there is a variable t and it is the time. But this variable is a denied-access member, so the user is not able to specify it. Actually, this variable is set by the study the muscle model is used in and is used in the derived classes since AnyMuscleModel itself provides only constant muscle force.

Best regards
Daniel

Hello Daniel!

thank you for your reply, I understand that the function AnyMuscleModel and the derived classes provide only one force constant muscle.

But, I have a question: if I want a time-dependent muscle strength in order to simulate the fatigue, can I set the parameter time?

Let me explain, if I want to study a model in a specific posture (for example, the standing model), and putting in input a specific time during which the model is to assume that specific posture, muscular strenghts will decrease with time for the phenomenon of fatigue.
Is there any function that allows me to do this in AnyBody?

I hope I was clear.

Best regards
Vittorio

Hello Vittorio,

just to make sure that I understand your problem: You want to simulate the effect of fatigue for a static posture and therefor want to implement a time dependent muscle model, to look at the model for different time values (model after 1s, 5s, 10s, …). Is that right?

To answer your question, you can set the time via the Study. If you set tStart and tEnd to other values. Actually, the t in your muscle model is the same as the t in your study. What I would suggest is to whether run the study with different tStart and tEnd values manually or, depending on how many different points in time you are interested in, wrap this into a AnyParamStudy (if you are not familiar with it, there is a tutorial on parameter and optimization studies)

I hope this covers your problem.

Best regards
Daniel