The best way to determine Initial Position

Hello Anybody Team,

I am using AMMR 1.3 and the Seated Human model from the repository as my base model. I am trying to add additional segment in the model representing a steering wheel. For this I mostly refer the steps from the tutorial.

I have successfully attached the model’s right hand to the node on the wheel, and make the wheel move with a driver. However, when I try to do it on the left hand side, this error keep showing up.

‘ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) : C:/D…s/n…h/・.v/S…l/A…3/A…n/E…s/S…g/SeatedHuman.main.any : Study.InitialConditions : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 0’

I understand that this may caused by improper definition of the initial condition. I want to know the best/easiest way to determine a better initial position of the model as I have been trying so many positions but still unlucky to get good results.

And do you have any idea why this model (left hand) failed, even though the right hand is successful.

Thank you in advance

Aliah

Hey Aliah,

you have an error in your left hand model:

in the envrinoment.any you still referring to the right handle instead of using the left:

you have:
AnySphericalJoint lhHandle = {
AnyRefFrame &Glove = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.ShoulderArm.Seg.Glove;
AnyRefFrame &Handle = Main.Model.EnvironmentModel.Seg.Wheel.rHandle;
};

instead of:

AnySphericalJoint lhHandle = {
AnyRefFrame &Glove = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.ShoulderArm.Seg.Glove;
AnyRefFrame &Handle = Main.Model.EnvironmentModel.Seg.Wheel.lHandle;
};

You should also change the initial position angles in the manequin of the left example.

Hope that helps.

Hello aalmunajjed,

Thank you so much for your reply. It seems that, it was a typo-error…now the model can run successfully.

Thank you