UpperLimb model strange movement of scapula

Hi Bjørn,

thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I have at least understood more about the drivers. I have now switched off the thorax driver and only applied your above solution suggestion. Now the movement and the output looks more realistic.

Now I have another problem:

When the thorax makes a movement backwards, then I have a greater deviation of the sternun markers (see the picture). Do you have any idea, what I can do, that the red dots match the blue dots (c3d data)? Is this also a problem with the driver?

grafik grafik

Best regards,
Lisa

or is the problem, that the pelvis is fixed to the ground and so the red dots are fixed at the thorax?

From the looks of it, the model is not doing any thorax extension. Make sure you have allowed for that movement. Then it's probably a matter of tweaking the constraints you have to make the motion follow the c3d file closer.

Best regards,
Bjørn

The thorax is moving in all directions, also extension.
What kind of constraints could I optimize that the motion follow the c3d file closer? Also the movement of the scapula looks now strange again but the output of the kinematic of the glenohumeral is much better. I tried to fix the problem of the scapula with an SCElevationDriver but that resulted in unreal kinematic output.
Do you think I have a chance to get a realistic movement (that makes sence) of the model, following the c3d data and produces a good output of the kinematic data? Because now I have the problem that I don't really now whether the results could classified as "true/make sence" at all.

Best regards
Lisa

I think you can get more help reading this post. Søren made some suggestions to what drivers to add and how to control them.

Evaluating the motion and output is up to you. I think you can make the model quite accurate when you get the motion right.

Best regards,
Bjørn

I've checked the motion capture data. There are no markers swapping or have a strange movement...

Thread on this subject is helpful, thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.