How can I move one seat in AnyBody?

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to connect one seat in the STL format to a model in AnyBody and put it in the right place. The seat already appears next to the model but it is out of place. How can I associate each other frames(from the human model and the seat) to avoid make it by trial and error?

Thank you

Hi Guilherme,

Welcome to the Anyscript Forum!

There are a couple of things to keep in mind here.

First would be the load-time position. For every segment, there are the parameters r0 and Axes0 that define the load-time position (r0) and orientation (Axes0) of the segment. So, for the seat, you can set these values as a relation to the r0 and Axes0 values of some human segment, for eg, pelvis.
So, just under the line AnySeg Seat = {, you can type the following:

r0 = Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.SegmentsLumbar.PelvisSeg.r0;

Likewise, you can do so for Axes0.

The second point is that you would also need to define some joints and drivers to fix the 6 degrees of freedom that this seat introduces. You need this to run the studies in your model. Then, you can also think about making some constraints between the human and the seat model so that the seat remains attached to the human model throughout the study.

Please see the tutorials for a more detailed explanation of how to implement the measures and drivers in AnyBody.

Best regards,
Dave