Aalborg Mandible LigamentNodes

Hey everybody,

I want to ask if somebody could say me the correct coordinates of the LigamentNodes on the skull and the mandible. Although there is a specification in the model for the coordinates, but i don't understand to wich coordinate system the description is.
I need the coordinates for the Ligamentnodes in relation to the skull coordinate system in the starting position of the model (when the coordinates system of the skull has the same positon and orientation as that of the mandible).

Maybe somebody could tell me a good way to get this coordinates.

Thank you and best regards
Clara

Hi Clara,

The coordinates that you can find directly in the AnyScript files are given in the cone beam CT coordinate system. Each of these are then transformed to coordinate systems for the skull and mandible defined based on a Frankfurt horizonal plane. The sRel coordinates for the nodes in the model tree are in these local coordinate system.

Best regards
Michael Skipper Andersen
Associate Professor
Aalborg University

Hey,

Thank you for your answer. I tried to transform the coordinates for the LigamentNodes to the skull coordinate system, but i never get the correct points. I also tried to measure them with AnyKinLinear like this for the Mandible
AnyKinLinear DistanceMandileLig1R =
{
AnyRefFrame &ref1 = Main.Model.HumanModel.Seg.Mandible;
AnyRefFrame &ref2 = Main.Model.HumanModel.Seg.Mandible.TemporomandibularLigamentNode1R;
};

and for the Skull:
AnyKinLinear DistanceSkullLig1R =
{
AnyRefFrame &ref1 = Main.Model.HumanModel.Seg.Skull;
AnyRefFrame &ref2 = Main.Model.HumanModel.Seg.Skull.TemporomandibularLigamentNode1R;
};

and the points, that i got, seem to be right but when I compare the distance of these Points with the reference length that are given in the model, there a small deviations.

Could you give me the correct LigamentNodes for the initial position in the skull coordinate system?

Hi

The sRel coordinates found in the model tree are in the mentioned skull coordinate system. You do not have to transform these.

If you just want coordinates that are consistent with the STL files from the Conebeam CT, you can take the raw numbers found directly in the AnyScript files.

I do not understand why you keep saying that you want the coordinates of the nodes in the Skull coordinate system at the first frame. These coordinates are constant and are the same independent of the frame.

Best regards
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.