About AnyMuscle Model3E

Hi AnyBody support,

I exchange muscle model to hill model.

But I don’t know where I insert class template of AnyMuscleModel3E.

And please tell me what I enter each parameter of AnyMuscleModel3E.

I upload the file for “GaitFullBody_TUT”.

AMS is ver5.1 and AMMR is ver 1.4.
I beg your kindness,

Akira

Hi Akira,

You can simply modify the ‘BodyPartsSetup.any’ file if you want to use the 3E hill muscle model for the legs.

// RightLegTD: 1 included, 0 not included
// ************************************
#define RIGHT_LEG_TD 1
// This is just the bones,
// Choose one of the following options to add muscles
#define RIGHT_LEG_TD_SIMPLE_MUSCLES 0
#define RIGHT_LEG_TD_MUS_3E 1

// LeftLegTD: 1 included, 0 not included
// ***********************************
#define LEFT_LEG_TD 1
// This is just the bones,
// Choose one of the following options to add muscles
#define LEFT_LEG_TD_SIMPLE_MUSCLES 0
#define LEFT_LEG_TD_MUS_3E 1

Please follow the settings as above.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi AnyBody support,

I modifyed the ‘BodyPartsSetup.any’ file.

But error “Muscle without strength : The muscle has been streched too much” was indicated.

I upload the file for “GaitFullBody_TUT”.

AMS is ver5.1 and AMMR is ver 1.4.
Please tell me the mistake.

I beg your kindness,
Akira

If you use 3 element Hill type muscles, a calibration sequence will be made first. In this calibration sequence, you will get some warnings about muscle length etc. This does not effect the inverse study. Therefore everything is fine. the model still runs.

Hi AnyBody support,

I continued to run “GaitFullBody_TUT”.

But error"Muscle recruitment solver : solver aborted due to singular KKT matrix" was indicated.

I can’t understand singular KKT matrix.

Please tell me method of solving that proglem.

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hi Akira,

“Muscle recruitment solver : solver aborted due to singular KKT matrix” error usually means that there are some missing forces (reactions for muscle forces) which are required to run the inverse dynamics.

So you have to find what are those missing forces in your model.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi ,Moonki
When I change the muscle to AnyMuscleModel3E in the StandingModel,Then run the model, The results of the muscle activity was greater than the simple muscle and Overloaded muscle configuration. Why this happens?
thank you very much

Hi Moonki,

I can’t find what are those missing forces in my model.

Please tell me what are missing forces.

I beg your kindness,
Akira

Hi Akira,

Please read this section of the Wiki
http://wiki.anyscript.org/index.php/Model_trouble_shooting#Make_the_solution_of_the_inverse_problem_stable.3F

Moonki is right some dof in the model is not possible to balance, in most such cases you are missing a reaction in the model.

Please make sure that for every new segment you may have introduces to the model there are enough reactions available. Please also ensure that if you did not introduce any new segments that body model you have has enough reactions to the environment to be in balance.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Yang Yang,

The results will differe becuase the two muscle models has a different strength this is ok.

when using the 3E muscles please ensure to run the muscle calibration before running the inverse study, otherwise muscles will be overloaded in many cases

Best regards
Søren

Hi Soren,
I am using the Standing Model as a template and i want to perform a squat motion. So first of all i included several drivers into my model and everything runs fine. But now i changed the muscle model from simple to 3E Hill type and now the Initial condition operation crashes due to tolerance errors in the Calibration study how can this problem be solved?

Kind regards.

P.S. I am using AMMR 1.6.3 and AnyBody 6.0.5

Do you get warnings or errors? Can you upload what you did?