Adding force plate to exoskeleton and human

Hi everybody!

I am trying to compare the simulated biomechanical data (muscle force, joint force, etc..) obtained from AMS according to presence or absence of lower-limb exoskeleton.

To solve this, I collected Mocap data by IMU sensor (Xsens).

Also, to attach exoskeleton to human, I draw the exoskeleton from solidworks and translated to AMS.

Currently, there was no problem until "marker tracking" as shown in the picture below.

However, as you know, in order to get simulated data, I need to perform "inverse dynamics" like below.

I think I have to do two things for "inverse dynamics".

First, I have to make a joint between the exoskeleton and the body (especially thigh)

Second, I have to create virtual force plates below (totally 4 plates - Left & Right)

a) The part where the body (thigh) and the upper leg of exoskeleton contact
b) The part where the exoskeleton and the floor contact

The paper I referenced was Spada et al. (2019). Physical and virtual assessment of a passive exoskeleton (https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96068-5_28)

I am trying to create a model similar to the picture below by performing the above two things.

If anybody can recommend items or methodology that can be reffered to in order to perform above two things (joint, force plate), I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Min-Uk Cho

Sungkyunkwan University

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.