AnyForceMomentMeasure2 + MuscleList

Hello,
I would like to cut free at a certain point on the femur. I have already determined the point. Now I would use AnyForceMomentMeasure2. The forces to be included are the muscle forces and joint reaction forces acting on the femur for example during walking. Is there a way to implement a list of (muscle) forces in a simplified way and what do I need to consider?

I have already written the following code:

AnyForceMomentMeasure2 FemurForceMoment = {

RefPoint = &Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.Seg.Thigh.AFMMframe;
    IncludeSegments = {&Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.Seg.Thigh};

IncludeGravity = On;
  };

Many thanks in advance!
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I will try to break down your questions.

There is probably not a simple way to collect all the muscles. You can use object search function but you may or may not collect all the muscles of interest, depending on your search string. A good way to check is if you include gravity, inertia (there is an option in the class), and all the muscle and joint reaction forces, the resultant force at your point of interest should be zero. From there on, you can eliminate the forces that you don't need.

You can also try the option of CutSystem, which can cut the segment defined by a plane and only contributions from the positive half are included. Maybe this can help you. I would suggest you try this feature on a simple one-segment model to get a grasp of how this works.

Best regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your answer.
I have selected the CutSystem option and added the muscle forces manually as a list.
It worked fine.

Best,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

That sounds great! Thanks for the feedback

Best regards,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.