Costo-sternal joints

Hi all,
This is Noemi.

I am trying to reproduce a scoliosis by Anybody 7.1 and an articulated AMMR_Thorax. In the latter the articulations of the ribs through deformable costal cartilages and synovial joints to the sternum where modeled as 6dof joints for all ribs.

My problem is when adjusting the vertebrae to get the exact spine conformation of a scoliotic patient, the ribs are not anymore aligned with the correspondent part of sternum.
Do you know there is a way to manipulate the distance between the sternum and the ribs, by using the costo-sternal joints for example? Or is there a way to define a distance between 2 parts to keep it fixed? The aim would be making the software to adjust the ribs by itself.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Noemi

Hi Noemi,

Sorry for the slow reply,

Please add some more comments on the model you are using, i am unsure which model you are working on?, thus it is difficult to answer the question.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,
sorry for the slow reply, I am using the articulated ribcage model.
By the way, I understood I cannot solve this problem because of the way the sternum is constructed, so it prevents me from recreating a “real” deformed trunk.

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
Noemi

Hi Noemi,

Which version of the thorax model are you working with?

Best regards
Søren

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.