Cut off parts of vertebra in Anybody

Hello there,
I want to cut off part of the spinal vertebra (e.g., remove the posterior parts and related ligaments attached to them and only keep the vertebral body) in the Anybody? Is it possible to achieve this within Anybody? Thanks very much for the help!

Qiaoqiao

Hi Qiaoqiao,

This should be possible. You can enable the trunk ligaments by using the define statement:
#define BM_TRUNK_LIGAMENTS ON

Then you would need to remove the ligaments from the code that are not needed.

Please note that you will also need to use the FDK solver and define the spinal joints yourself. You would also need to exclude the existing joints from the spine (you can use AnyMechObjectExcluder) Please see the FDK tutorial here.

Best regards
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for the reply, in addition to the removal of the ligaments, I also want to cut off part of the vertebrae (the bones), such as the posterior parts of the vertebrae and only keep the vertebral body. Is there anyway to achieve this within the Anybody?
Thanks very much!
Qiaoqiao

Hi Qiaoqiao,

Sorry, I missed that in the previous answer. You can't cut the stl files in AnyBody. Please consider using another program to cut your stl. Then you can substitute the stl file.

However, cutting the stl is just a visual representation unless you define contact based model as in the FDK tutorial.

Best regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for the reply.

Qiaoqiao

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Dave