Cyclist motion Anybody

Hello everyone,
I'm new with Anybody so I have lots of questions.
I have cyclist motion in C3D file and I want to import that motion into Anybody. My experiment goal: Get different motions changing saddle and handlebar height and calculate forces and angles in body to find out which position is the best for cycling.
Maybe someone have any experience in something familiar? Or maybe scripts for example?

Hi Rokas,

You can import a C3D file into the MoCap example - ideally it should have force measurements from the pedals/seat/handes. You will also need to import or mimic a model of the bike or at least the most relevant parts: seat, pedals/crank, handles. You will also have to define connections of the human to the bike parts - check ammr\Application\Examples\BikeModel\ as an inspiration. Do you plan to record different C3D files per each configuration? Or are you trying to make synthetic motion based on a single C3D?

Regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,
Thank you for your answer!
I can't load my file to MoCap example. There are some errors which I can't fix yet. How should I import bike model? Should I draw it in solidworks? I don't have any idea, how to load motion with bike model. I don't know if I need to write some function, or model interact (model will cycle) during analyzing? I have some different C3D files for each position (6 positions per person)
Regards,
Rokas

Hi Rokas,

I would strongly encourage to go through the tutorials, in particular, this lesson:
https://anyscript.org/tutorials/Making_things_move/lesson5.html

But given that you do not have the same setup and much fewer markers - you would need to do quite some adjustments.

One way to bring the CAD model is, indeed, to export it from SolidWorks. But you could also just load STLs of the relevant components into the system and position them as accurately as you can. If you do not have the geometries - you can use geometric primitives to "mimic" them.

Please try loading the example I recommended in the previous comment for examples.

Kind regards,
Pavel

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.