dependent independent variable

How do you alter your code so that one of the variables in a dependent variable and the other is independent, so it can be plotted? In our case we are trying to make the independent variable the weight of the thigh and the dependent variable the position of the knee.

Hi Khushbu Patel,

I’m having a tough time understanding what you try to achieve. Please try to explain what you want to do in a simple way.

What motion?
What model?
What do you mean by position of knee?

regards
Amir

The model is simple knee model and we are trying to change the mass of the thigh to see how it will effect the position of the knee. We are conducting a study that looks at how obesity and pregnancy effect the knees, so we were trying to get the moment created on the knee by changing the mass of the thigh. We didn’t know how to calculate the moment so we were trying to gt the position for the radius and then multiply it by the force applied to the moment.

I still do not understand what you plan to do, however, here are some suggestions:

I would use a different model, for example make subject do a knee-bend, than change mass of the thigh segment and read out forces and moments in the knee.

How to make a knee-bend model is described here:
http://wiki.anyscript.org/index.php/How_to_make_a_KneeBend_Model_form_a_template

Once your analysis is finished you will find joint reaction forces and moments in the ChartView under Study/Output/Model/HumanModel/SelectedOutput/Right/…