Different Muscles activity output

hello,
I combined an ankle rehabilitation robot with a manikin to study leg muscles,now, I have a question with the different Muscles activity output when I use the “BM_SCALING CONST_SCALING_UNIFORM” and default human Model,as the follow show.
this is used default human model
uniform
and this is used “uniform” Scaling standard but no changed the data.
I don't understand why the trend of the curves is different,I can send my model to you. Please let me know if you need it.Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Chen

Hi Chen,

When you switch between the default and uniformly-scaled model (please check the tutorials to see what uniform scaling does), you will get some changes in the geometry and moment arms of different muscles. Depending on your configuration and your ankle robot attachment - it may happen that some muscle have worse moment arms to provide balance to the system. That seems to happen in the first 0.3 seconds of the simulation for [0],[5],[6] muscles, and [2] is now unloaded.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,
Thank you for your reply.And I'm sorry to reply you so late.
Is the geometry and moment arm of these muscles changed because the file "AnyManUniform" used for uniform scaling is based on a specific anthropometric data and is inconsistent with the data of the default model? Can this be improved by adjusting the position of the human model and ankle robot?
And if I want to know the length of each bone of the default model, such as calf, thigh, etc., where can I find it?
Best regards,
Chen

Hi @Chen1227

To learn more about the different scaling laws please visit our documentation here. The default scaling gives you a model scaled to the 50th percentile european male, while the uniform law takes joint to joint distances and scales uniformly in all three directions. Before altering positions of the model and ankle robot you should decide on a scaling.

To find the length of each bone look in the model tree under: Main.HumanModel.Anthropometrics.SegmentDimensions
The absolute path might differ if you run an old version of have a custom model.

Best regards,
Bjørn
AnyBody Technology

Hi Bjørn
Thank you for your reply.
The version I use is AnyBody 6.1. When I use the TLEM lower limb model, set the lower limb muscle type to HILL, and the model will prompt excessive muscle stretching during initialization. What's the matter? The same problem occurs when I add such statements to the human standing model template:

#define BM_ARM_LEFT OFF
#define BM_ARM_RIGHT OFF
#define BM_LEG_MUSCLES_BOTH CONST_MUSCLES_3E_HILL

The warning message is as follows:

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Chen

Are you running the calibration study for the 3Element Muscles?
Before the Inverse analysis you need to calibrate the muscle parameters.
I think it is wise to read a little about the muscle models and calibration before using them.
https://anyscript.org/tutorials/Muscle_modeling/lesson5.html#calibration

Best regards,
Bjørn

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.