Difficulty in loading bvh file

I'm using Anybody Version 7.1, I have obtained the full gait data using Xsens and have copied the bvh file into a folder and loaded the main file into the Anybody software, while running the analysis it stops stating kinematic analysis failed. What am I supposed to do? I'm using Anybody software for the first time

Hi @99_rea

Welcome to the forum!

It is difficult to pin-point the exact reason it fails, but here are a couple of ideas to check.

1. Did you export the BVH using the "MotionBuilder" structure in Xsens? if not try to do that.
  2. Check that you have set the correct settings in the lab, subject and trial specific files.
  3. verify that that the bvh file is correct in another viewer.
  4. Try to adjust the initial position of the model to fit better with that of the bvh file

The BVH example model have been updated in the current release version of the ammr so you might come across code examples or ideas that do not apply to your version.

You are very welcome to reach out to me in a direct message, then we can check your options for upgrading your AMS version to take advantage of the new features.

Best regards,
Bjørn

1 Like

@99_rea: We have also seen various examples on .bvh files (exported from Xsens) including a T-pose as the first frame which cause a similar error to what you are experiencing. If this is the case, you can adjust and skip the first frame or make a new export without the T-pose.

Best regards,
Kristoffer

1 Like

Thank you Sir for your response.
I have removed the first frame and then exported the data even then it is showing the same error

Hi @99_rea

Did you ensure to use the motion builder file structure when exporting?
Can you share the .bvh file with us ?

Best regards,
Bjørn

BVH.zip (585.8 KB)
Sorry for the delay sir. PFA.

I have used the motion builder file structure when exporting from Xsens.

Sir this is the bvh file
BVH.zip (585.8 KB)
Kindly requesting you to check the file and tell the errors
Thank you sir.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.