Error: Muscle recruitment solver

Dear AnyBody Team,

I am using the MoCap Model and my own .c3d files to run it. The motion is a lifting task. The MotionAndParameterOptimization is working, but the InverseDynamicModel always has an error massage as an output:

InverseDynamicStudy.InverseDynamics : Muscle recruitment solver : solver aborted after maximum number of iterations

My other files are working fine (or I could fix the error by extending the cylinder or by increasing StringMesh).

All my tries showed no improvement and I would appreciate your help.
Many thanks!

Mira

AMMR 1.6.2
MoCapModel FullBody
GRF Prediction
VICON Motion Capture System

Dear Mira,

I tried to modify your model in order to make it working.

There are some markers which are swapped each other (bad labeling).
Also I tried to cut some frames to make it run faster.

Hope that this may be helpful to you.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi Moonki,

thank you very much for your help! How did you find out, that some markes were swapped?

Also I have another request:
Could you take a look at the attached c3d file and tell me, what to change in my MoCapModel in order to make the inversedynamic analysis run?

Big thank you und kind regards,
Mira

I really would appreciate your help! Hopefully it is ok, to push my thread again.

Kind regards,
Mira

Dear Mira,

1. When I see the kinematics of your model based on your wrong C3D file, I realized that the lower arm(radius and ulna) was twisted strangely. That’s the main reason why I tried to figure out whether there are any wrong-labeled markers in your C3D file.

2. I’m sorry but I can’t find any instant reason in your C3D file even if it does not work well with our mocap model.
    I would suggest you to check whether all markers are labeled normally.
    Then if you can not run the inverse dynamics well when you use the ground reaction force prediction method, then I would try to increase the pelvis residual force strength which you can find here (WeakResiduals.any):

AnyFolder WeakGeneralMuscles = 
  {
    AnyMuscleModel MusMoldel1 =
    {
      F0 = [b]10[/b];
    };
    AnyMuscleModel MusMoldel2 =
    {
      F0 = [b]10[/b];
    };

Best regards,
Moonki