Error(obj.mch.kin3) :

Hi,

I am currently receiving the following error while using a BVH driven mocap model ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) AnyMocapModel.any(41) : MarkerTracking.Kinematics : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 1173 : Position analysis is not completed.
I have tried a few fixes while looking through similar issues within the forum but still am yet to resolve the issue.
I am enabling the full body for the analysis.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Derrik

The error points toward that either your data is incomplete, you lack marker information for certain degree of freedom or some constraints.

Try and consult our wiki page on the subject, that contains a lot of tips and guidelines on how to alter the different files. https://github.com/AnyBody/support/wiki

Best regards,
Bjørn
AnyBody Technology

Hi Bjorn,

Thank-you very much for your reply.
I am using a BVH file directly out of XSENS that has no issues. I have also tried multiple other files from different subjects/recordings and face the same issue.
I have recorded at 240hz mvn link system.
I am wondering how the data could be incomplete or have issues if you know?

Is there any way I can bypass these errors so that the model can complete the analysis?

Alternatively I can provide the BVH so you could see if that’s where the issue is.

Thankyou for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

-D

Hi @Derrik

Measurement errors can still occur even for Xsens recordings. It is always good to check the raw data on the frames where it fails.

Furthermore, check that you made the appropriate changes to the SubjectSpecificData and ForcePlates files. You might need to change parameters in those.

Depending on the motion your model is performing you might need to add some soft kinematic drivers for some degree of freedom as you might have insufficient marker data for certain postures.
You can enable the default kinematic drivers as soft drivers for the DoF needed.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Thank-you Bjorn,
I will check these items and see if it resolves the issue. Also I’ll try the soft drivers as a final solution.

Thanks for your help!