Fat percentage for women

Hi!

I have been struggling with where I may define a different fat percentage calculation while still using the length-mass-fat scaling for my mocap model (AMMR 2.2.3). Ideally I would like to define "WOMAN" in the SubjectSpecificData.any-file and then another fat percentage will be used for those subjects. Can you guide me where it is reasonable to include the following:

#ifdef WOMAN
AnyVar FatPercent = (-0.08 + 0.0203BMI - 0.000156BMI^2)100;
#else
///Estimation from Frankenfield et al. (2001) valid for men
AnyVar FatPercent = (-0.09 + 0.0149
BMI - 0.00009*BMI^2)*100;
#endif

Best regards,
Maria

Hi Maria,

In these models the fat precentage is controlled using a template which means that it has a default way to be calculated but that this can be changed.

It will by default use this expression (AnyMan.ClassTemplate.any)

#var AnyVar FatPercent = (-0.09 + 0.0149*BMI - 0.00009*BMI^2)*100;

but you can override this as you like so in the subject specific file you could write simply (if the subject is a woman)

Main.HumanModel.Anthropometrics.FatPercent= (-0.08 + 0.0203*BMI - 0.000156*BMI^2)*100;

Hope it helps

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,

I thought I had tried that already, but from your answer I realized that I included the AnyVar definition before FatPercent in the subject specific file, which gave me an error. Without it it works perfectly well. Thank you!

/Maria

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.