friction in gait model

i am studing GaitVaughan model and i want to consider friction between foot and earth. is this model have friction and if have how can i change it and how can find value of it?

Hi,

The force between the foot and the force plate is a three dimensional force, so the three component represent the vertical force, the lateral friction force and the antero-posterior friction force.

You can visualize the three components with the in the chart window under Main.Study.Output.Model.Environment.ForceOnForcePlate1.F.

Best regards, Sylvain.

hi
Thank you so much because of your fast and accurate response.I have other question. I want to change friction factor step by step for example 0.2 to 0.8 please tell me what do I do
Thank u

Hi,

In this particular model it is not possible to change the friction coefficient because the ground reaction force is recorded.

To do so you need a model where the ground reaction force is calculated by AnyBody with the conditional contact definition (see ground support of StandingLift model for example). In this case there is a variable in the contact definition that directly controls the friction coeficient.

Best regards, Sylvain.