How can i attach Human hand to the exoskeleton

I like to get the videos or related tutorials regarding attachment of human hand with fingers to the exoskeleton that designed in solidworks. I imported the model to the anybody from solidworks. As per tutorials i created the coordinate system to the 3D model. After importing the 3D model, didn’t find any tutorials that mention the placement of human hand & fingers on the exoskeleton. I have to study the muscle reaction in various rehabilitation activities using exoskeleton by applying various torques on the linkage system of the exoskeleton .

Thank you

Hi Sooraj,

The problem is that currently AMMR does not have the detail finger models in its hand. So AMMR hand model is a single rigid body.

Would you tell us more details about your exoskeleton devices? Or could you upload your model or its snapshot here?

If you can upload a simplified version of your exoskeleton model here, then I can help you how to make some connections between human and yours.

Best regards,
Moonki

The compressed folder contains a sample portion of the exoskeleton design i with to integrate with anybody. The image titled Layout shows the way I wish t connect it to a finger. Hope this is what you need to help me out.

Hi,

It seems that there are three revolute joints in your exoskeleton.

How many actuators will you use in your model?

And to which joints do you want to insert actuators?

Best regards,
Moonki

I want to apply actuator on the axis of joint “c3” in the image. Also want to apply brakes & encoders on the “C1”&“C2” Axis.

Hi,

1. There are 3 DOFs(degrees of freedom) in your model.
    But the kinematic constraint between a finger and the Link1 may give you only one constraint.
    So it means that you have to specify two more constraints to determine the kinematics of three revolute joints.
    AnyBody is based on inverse dynamics analysis so you have do define all necessary kinematics in advance.
    How would you like to do that?

2. What is your intention about ‘brake’ and ‘encoder’ for C1 and C2 joints?
    As far as I know, the role of ‘encoder’ is to measure the kinematic angles of certain joints. So we can just use our AnyKinRotational kinematic measure to replicate your encoder.
    But for brake, I just want to know what your intention for brake is in your model.

Best regards,
Moonki

1. Kinematic constraint between a finger and the Link1 is the First constraint.

2)The Link 2 is contained at a particular angle about Joint"C2’. Its only to accommodate the size variations of finger for each user. Its done by taking the angle of “C2” joint while the index finger is in full “Flexion” condition. So the brake is activated at that angle for that particular user.

3)The brake in the “C1” is activated only when there is any difference in kinematic angles of joint “C1” & “C3” [Encoder in the actuator side] over a time period just like the relation of PIP & DIP joints of human index finger.

Hi,

It seems that you had given too many mates in your SolidWorks assembly before the translation process using SolidWorks2AnyBody.

When you construct a revolute joint inside SolidWorks, I would recommend you to use ‘Hinge’ joint instead of using 1 plane coincident and 1 cylinder concentric.

Or could you upload your SolidWorks assembly file here?

Best regards,
Moonki

I have attached two compressed folders that contain the solidworks models you asked to see.

Hi,

Attached please find a modified version of your model which is combined with John Wu’s index finger model.

I implemented a simple spring force in C1, and reaction torques at C2 & C3.

And the contact force will occur between finger and link 1.
But there is no normal - frictional relationship in these contact forces.

This model is very simplified model.
So it will take some time for you to modify this model as you want.

I hope that this model can be a good starting point for you to study AnyBody.

Best regards,
Moonki

hi, cadsoory and mkjung.
I read your discussion and I think the brake mentioned by cadsoory is the joint angle constraint for the exoskeleton. Because all exoskeletons have joint angle limitition. So is there any way to make constraint on joint angle or other kinematic measures?
DO you have the answer now?

Hi,

We have a plan to release this new feature regarding the implementation of joint limit. But I can’t tell when it will become available.

So please keep your eyes on our website regarding the news of the next release.

Best regards,
Moonki

hi there…my name is zunnurain, i am just using this software for a few week only…cause just until recently my university get the license,so i have to pass my work at the end of the this month,my project is to model the rehabilitation robot movement (external and internal rotation of upper limb around 110 degree angle). i face some difficulty to attach the robot arm,to the hand. i have already design the simple robot arm using solidwork software and save it using .stl format.but i cannot attach the robot arm to the hand,can any body help me to solve this problem…you help and concern are very much appreciated…tq

Hi,

Could you please update your profile(including the name of your organization) to let us know where you are working?

Best regards,
Moonki

i am student at university malaysia sarawak, Malaysia…

Hi

It is a very broad question, so it is difficult to provide a specific answer to this.

If you have not already done this please go through the tutorials these will learn you how to create models in different ways and take you thorugh the different elements you would need to create such a model.

It would be best to start from the beginning but in particulary the tutorial http://www.anybodytech.com/fileadmin/AnyBody/Docs/Tutorials/A_Getting_started_modeling/intro.html

displays how to connect the leg with an external object.

Please also have a look at this wiki page
http://wiki.anyscript.org/index.php/Model_trouble_shooting#Resolve_kinematic_problems

Best regards
Søren