How to add a barbell

Hello, I currently want to do a project that uses motion capture to obtain c3D data of a person's weight lifting by lifting a barbell. I would like to ask:

1. How do I add barbells to my model? Do I need a solidworks link or can I create barbell movements directly in Anybody?
    2.Because I'm not familiar with this yet, I don't know what I need to pay attention to.
    I am looking forward for your help. Thank you very much!

Best wish
Kalong

Hi Kalong,

This depends on how detailed you want the barbell in your model.

The simplest approximation would be to represent the weight of the barbel as vertical force on the hand. However, you will exclude the inertia properties of the barbell.

You can add a barbell in the model by adding a new segment with appropriate mass and inertia properties. Then you can define connection to the hand. Please have a look at the BenchPress example in the AMMR. You can maybe take it a step further by adding the weights as additional segments rigidly connected to the barbell.

Strictly speaking, you don't need the SolidWorks exporter. It's convenient with Solidworks to capture the correct inertia properties and export them, but you can also do the same manually and visualize the STL.

For the kinematics of the barbell, you can have two possibilities: either place markers on the barbell and drive its motion from marker data. Or make kinematic constraints between the hand and the barbell.

Hope this helps,

Best regards
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.