How to export the boundary of joint?

Hi:

Rencently, I am studying how to using the AnyFE2 tool. I have a question that how to begin the FEA anlysis of joints?Because it seems the tutorials of anybody only explain how to export the boundary of a single bone. Now i already know that i can build the refframe at bone, then the tool of AnyFE2 can export the boundary. But if i want FEA results of simuluate the knee joint or Intervertebral disc, what i should to do?

Your Sincerely.

Hi @YangChen

You can add the data you need to drive your FE model to the AnyMechOutputFileForceExport class and then use those as inputs to your FE model.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Hi Bjorn:

Thank for you help. I have other question. I note that this command( AnyMechOutputFileForceExport )can export the boundary conditions for multiple segments, so I wonder if it is possible to perform FEA analysis for multiple segments at the same time.
For example:

1. I imported a complete L4-L5 lumbar spine model into ABAQUS, mesh and set material.
  2. The boundary conditions of L4-L5 ( XML format) were export using anybody.
  3. Use AnyFE2 tool to get the final outpit.inp file.
  4. Import output.inp into ABAQUS for analysis.

Actually, I already did this , but when importing the output.inp into abaqus i recieve warnings, namely "The keyword is misplaced. It can be suboption for the following keyword xxx "(picture 1). In fact, when I tried to analyze a single segment, I can solve this problem by removing the *part.*assembly keyword from the mesh inp file. However, when I tried to analyze multiple segments, this method can imported the model, but can't begin to analyze because all the loads were at the origin of the coordinate system(picture 2).

PIC 1

PIC 2

I can uploaded my mesh file (this time I used HyperMesh to meshing , but the problem is still that all loads are at origin of coordinate system)and the output.inp file, it would be nice if you could test it on your computer.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.