incorporating subject-specific geometry in AnyBody model

Dear AnyBody,

I am working towards incorporating image-based tibia into AnyBody musculoskeletal models. I would like to follow incorporating a surface based non-linearity into the scaling law in this tutorial.

As seen in the attached picture, the red bone is the AnyBody-based tibia (exported from AnyBody standing model, aligned with y axis), the green bone is the image-based tibia (aligned in z direction), and the pink bone is the AnyBody bone morphed into the shape of the image-based tibia (green) to assure topological equivalence. However, although the morphed AnyBody-based tibia has the correct shape and node&element correspondence with the source tibia, it was in the wrong location after a rigid transformation T1.

My question is, to use the surface-based-non-linear scaling as shown in the tutorial, should I transfer the morphed AnyBody-based tibia back to its initial position (aligned with y-axis)?

Thank you!
-Phoebe

Hi Phoebe,

It’s been a long time.

It is recommended to return the morphed bone back to the source ref. frame to preserve inertial properties of the segment.

You can pick a number of points on the surfaces automatically using STL_Size, STL_Vertices functions and construct a rigid body transformation using AnyFunTransform3DLin2.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Thank you Pavel. This piece of problem is resolve.

Best,
-Phoebe