Initial Conditions Error

Hello. I followed the AnyBody tutorial step by step to import my own C3D file for lower extremity analysis but I faced this error. I tried many thing but was not able to fix it and run the model. Could you please let me know what I am missing?

Progressing to solve kinematic optimality conditions and hard constraints.
Failed to solve kinematic optimality conditions and hard constraints after 5 fallback attemps.
Constraint violations for study 'Main.Studies.ParameterIdentification.KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification' :
Constraint #1 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000013, constr. #1 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.SacrumPelvisJnt.Constraints'.
Constraint #4 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000015, constr. #1 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L5SacrumJnt.Constraints'.
Constraint #5 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000051, constr. #2 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L5SacrumJnt.Constraints'.
Constraint #6 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000052, constr. #0 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L4L5Jnt.Constraints'.
Constraint #247 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.015229, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Patella'.
Plug-in-gait_Simple.zip (1.3 MB)

ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) : KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification.any(11) : KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification.InitialConditions : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 0 : Position analysis is not completed

Hi Mina,

Welcome to the AnyScript forum!

I had a look at your model and it seems that there was a mismatch between the units of the c3d file and the units expected by AnyBody. As a consequence, AnyBody displayed all the markers in a very small volume. This resulted in a very large error between the markers on the model and the c3d file causing the error.

You can fix this in simple steps.

You will find a file called C3DSettings.any in the Setup folder. Please open that file and change the PointsScaleFactor to 1 from 1/1000.

I hope this helps

Best regards
Dave

Hi Dave,

It was super helpful.
Thanks so much.

Mina

That's great! Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Dave

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.