InverseDynamics

In the process of driver, this error occurs during reverse dynamics analysis.(Muscle recruitment solver : solver aborted after maximum number of iterations).How should this problem be solved? Thank you very much indeed

Hi AnyBody998,

This error comes when the model can not find a way to balance the system using the muscles forces, so this is a sign of that the boundary conditions to the model are not good enough, and the model essentially looses the balance.

Do you have force plates in the model? or do you GRF prediction ?

If you use GRF prediction, double check gravity direction is correct in the labspecific file, and in the forceplate definition also check that the direction is correct.

Best regards
Søren

I used the GRF prediction, and i have checked the gravity direction. It is right for my model. But the error(muscle recruitment solver) is still there. Could you please tell me how to fix this. Thank you so much.

Hi Anybody998,

It is not so simple i it can be many things, i would start with this,

Have you checked that the GRF contact points are active?

Try to go to the ForcePlates.any file and increase these parameters for the force plates.
.LimitDistLow .LimitDistHigh .LimitVelHigh

The variables are explained in the forceplateconditionalcontactclass class

Settings
    .LimitDistLow                : Lower bound of the contact detection volume
    .LimitDistHigh               : Upper bound of the contact detection volume
    .LimitVelHigh                : Velocity threshold for contact detection

You will get KKT errors if there is no contact detected … increasing the values will makes this less likely.. but be careful eventually you will have contact always… and it can not lift the foot away from the plate "forcewise"

Best regards
Søren

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.