Issue Constructing Model Tree

Hello,

For a project in one of my classes I have been tasked using AnyBody to model and analyze motion capture data. However, when trying to load our .c3d file, it crashes during "Model Load (3/23) / Constructing Model Tree". I have triple checked to ensure the .c3d file works fine with other programs and it appears to be working fine. As for the .any files being used to analyze the data, I have tried using several of the different demo files, as well as .any files used by previous groups, all of which result in the the program crashing on the same step. Is there any advice or things to fix to resolve the issue? Thank you very much for help!

-Ben Willis

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Normally, there would be a message describing what is the issue that is causing the error in constructing the model tree. If you could provide the message then it could be helpful in understanding where is the problem. Meanwhile here are some tips:

• Please try and load one of the mocap demo model (e.g., Plug-in-gait_Simple) from the AMMR demo folder with the c3d file provided in the demo repository. If this doesn't work, it is possible somehow the AMMR demo has been modified somehow. In this case, I would suggest you install another copy of the AMMR through the AnyBody Assistant dialogue box.

• If the AMMR model is working fine, then it could quite possibly be an issue related to the marker protocol. You may need to adapt the MarkerProtocol.any file (accessible through LabSpecificData.any) to make sure AnyBody is looking for the correct markers. It's possible markers in your c3d file are labelled differently than the protocol currently being used.

Best regards,
Dave

Thanks for the response.

The main issue I have been having with figuring out what is causing the problem is that AnyBody closes completely instead of providing an error message. Is there an additional area where I might be able to look for the crash log?

As for the two tips, I have been able to load some of the mocap demo models and have them run successfully, so it is mainly an issue with my data in specific. I have also tried modifying the MarkerProtocol.any file but to no avail. Is there any way to check what the markers are called in the c3d file so I can ensure that they are labeled the same? Thank you very much again for the response and I hope you have a good rest of your day.

-Ben Willis

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I agree, it can be quite hard to understand what's going wrong when you just see the software crash. Crash dumps are located in C:/CrashDump. And usually AnyBody would send a message about creating a crash dump.

Which version of AnyBody and AMMR are you using?

You can check the marker labels in any of the other c3d file viewers. You mentioned you have checked the c3d file in other programs. They should be able to tell you the marker labels. In any case, at this point, I am sure it's not a problem of marker labels. That should give you an error message and not cause a crash.

Would it be possible for you to share the c3d file that is causing the issue?

Best regards
Dave

1 Like

Thank you once again for the quick response. While AnyBody did not send a message about creating a crash dump, I have been able to locate several in the folder. I am not sure if I am reading it correctly, but I believe the error message is this "SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_FAIL_FAST_RANGE_CHECK_FAILURE_c0000409_AnyBody.exe!Unknown". Any idea on how to possibly fix this?

The version of AnyBody I am using is 7.4.2.8845, and the AMMR I'm using is the 2.4.2 Plug-in-Gait_Simple Lower Extremity. I have tried both the default MarkerProtocol and a modified one to no avail, so I agree with it not being a problem with the marker labels. I am unable to upload both the .c3d file as well as the .dmp, to this post, so I have uploaded them to a Google Drive folder. Here is a link to it. If there is some other way to send the files, please let me know. Thank you once again for the help resolving the issue and I hope you have a good rest of your day.

-Ben Willis

Hi Ben,

Thank you for providing the file. I can confirm that the c3d file is creating issues. It seems that the c3d file contains only force data and no marker data. Somehow, this is not being handled correctly and causing the software to crash. We are looking into this and will update you once we have news.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,
Dave

1 Like

Hi Ben,

I have just sent you an email with a fix for the issue.

Best regards,
Dave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.