Kinematic analysis failed in time step 0 : Position analysis is not completed (Squat)

Hi everyone,
I add weight load on the shank. First, I add weight load in walk, this problem didn't occur. Then, I add weight load in squat.The problem occur:

Progressing to solve kinematic optimality conditions and hard constraints.
Failed to solve kinematic optimality conditions and hard constraints after 5 fallback attemps.
Constraint violations for study 'Main.Studies.ParameterIdentification.KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification' :
Constraint #111 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000148, constr. #3 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.Ankle.Constraints'.
Constraint #112 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000082, constr. #4 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.Ankle.Constraints'.
Constraint #114 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000025, constr. #1 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.SubTalar.Constraints'.
Constraint #115 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000011, constr. #2 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.SubTalar.Constraints'.
Constraint #116 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000266, constr. #3 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.SubTalar.Constraints'.
Constraint #117 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000226, constr. #4 in 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Jnt.SubTalar.Constraints'.
Constraint #303 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000678, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Talus'.
Constraint #304 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000481, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Foot'.
Constraint #305 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000067, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Shank'.
Constraint #306 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000067, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Thigh'.
Constraint #307 is above tolerance 1e-05, error = 0.000068, segment constr. 'Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Left.Leg.Seg.Patella'.
ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) : C:/U..s/a..n/D..s/A..x/A..e/T..s/A..p/KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification.any(11) : KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification.InitialConditions : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 0 : Position analysis is not completed

I adjusted the initial position, but this didn't work.I attached the zip file to make it easier for everyone to help me find the cause of the error. I really appreciate if anyone could help me.
Best regards.
Xuan Guo
Plug-in-gait_Simple2.zip (258.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi Xuan Guo,

Was your model working prior to adding the weight load? Since it's failing in Parameter identification, it may not have anything to do with adding weight load. Unless you have made some joints or constraints with the weight load that conflict with the marker data.

I haven't looked at your file yet, but can you please briefly tell me how are you adding the weight load on the shank?

Best regards
Dave

Hi Dave,
I create two coordinates in the shanks respectively, and two coordinates in the weight load respectively. Then, I add points on each of them. Create joints to connect them.

Yes, my model work prior to adding the weight load. I find the problem: C3D file exist error.

Thank you
Best Regards,
Xuan Guo

Hi Xuan Guo,

If I understand correctly, weight loads are segments and you have attached the segments to the human model through some joints? This should normally not influence the processing of the mocap data.

I am not sure if I understand if you still have a problem. If the model didn't find the c3d file, it would not load. It should not depend on adding the weight load or not.

Please let me know if you still need help and with what exactly.

Best regards
Dave

Hi Dave,
Yes, you said was right. The error is that mark points in C3D is wrong. Thanks for your help

Best regards,
Gillian

Hi Gillian

I see. Thanks! That makes sense. I suppose you will have to discard that trial or maybe you can update the marker protocol file in your model to change the markers in your model.

Best regards
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.